Buyer Blocked by Etsy

A new Etsy buyer purchased two items from me. Payment source was approved, orders processed, shipped, received, etc. Buyer left 5 star review for both. Per her communications with me, this was the first time she had ever purchased from Etsy; in fact, it was the first on line purchase she ever made. However, this morning, I received a message from her that she has been blocked by Etsy and can no longer purchase on the site. When I click on her profile, I get the "Un Oh" message that the page is no longer there. Does anyone have insight into what would cause a buyer who appears legitimate to be blocked?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Buyer Blocked by Etsy

she should contact etsy herself. 

2 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Looks like Etsy closed her account. She should have received and email. 

0 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

She says it was the first time but you don't know that. Has she left reviews for anyone else?

Is she attempting to purchase from you outside of etsy? If it is a mistake by Etsy she needs to contact them. You can't do anything about it.

2 Likes

@EnergyPeace...no attempts at all to purchase off Etsy. Everything was kept in Etsy convo.

0 Likes
michellepatterns
Conversation Maker

That is between the person and etsy.  She doesn't need to involve you in why she was banned.  There are plenty of people that get banned from buying here.  

2 Likes

Only etsy (and/or the payment processing services) know what happened. Personally, I would be wary of someone wanting to tell you about their being new to online buying. Based on previous experience that's unusual. Now you are being contacted to explain and of course you can't. The next step may be to take the transaction off etsy (still appearing to be a novice). Say it's out of your hands and then let it be.

1 Like
FeltFunky
Conversation Maker

@BarronDesignStudio 

OP says the buyer received her items and left 5-star reviews.

0 Likes

@BarronDesignStudio. I have done just that...referred buyer to Etsy to resolve. However, the transaction is completed, so nothing further to do on my end.

1 Like

I wonder if they got caught up in all the spamming account closures by mistake

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

How did you receive the message?

Maybe their Etsy account was hacked (?) so Etsy closed it. If they were new to buying online then they might be more susceptible to scams/phishing etc.

Maybe the message is not actually from your customer but the hacker (?) sent before the account was closed. Then the account was closed.

Maybe it's the start of a scam to get You to take a transaction off Etsy.

You can inform this customer that they can purchase on Etsy without an account, as a guest. Otherwise, there's nothing else you should do.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.