Bummer, your messages have been temporarily disabled

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.  I just start my shop and only messaged one custom who asked me some questions about my product.  and then I am not able to reply on any buyers to answer their questions. No idea why. I requested many times to Etsy help centre since it happened in last 10 days, but no any progress yet. what can I do? no any solutions I could find here.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bummer, your messages have been temporarily disabled

Jump to solution

Thank you for your information> I think that is probably what is happenning. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies

Jump to solution

This message appears when you have been banned from using the messaging systems.

This usually happens when a seller has contacted potential customers who have not purchased or made contact. It is called spamming and illegal in most countries.

There is not set time limit for this ban, it can last weeks or months depending on the severity. You will just have to wait it out.

Customers who purchase can be contacted by email (you will find this in their order form)

Your listings could also be the reason, unless of course you have the official licences to sell these trademarked items.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Im just wondering if a customer asked me some questions about my product. Do I just keep it quiet? not anwsering ?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

No, it does not work like that.

The system will detect multiple similar messages in a short time to different people.

It could also be a mistake, then you should contact Etsy, but then Etsy will take a closer look at your shop.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

I have sent many times to support team. no any update! no any!.... I was thinking this might be a mistake by the system. I was expecting that Etsy will fix it,. But nothing happens

1 Like

Jump to solution

It has happened to me recently but it was quickly restored after reporting.  In your case,  if you are selling counterfeit goods that could be at the heart of the problem.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for your clue. I have no idea why I have not received any news from them. and I am a  3d designer and I offer 3d Print files. that's all I do.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You can not use any Star Wars/Halo/Darth Vader likenesses or descriptions to sell your products as unless you own the copy/trademark rights. Your shop has most likely been reported to Etsy. As only the copyright/trademark owner can have Etsy take down the listings (which happens when companies who own copyrights make sweeps through Etsy) Etsy may have disabled your messages as the first step before shutting down your shop permanently. If they shut your shop down for trademark infringement, you will not be able to open any new shops ever on Etsy.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you for your information> I think that is probably what is happenning. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem.  I opened an Etsy shop connected with Printify for a new photography business I started just within the last couple of months. I recently got to the point where I was ready and eager to begin concerted marketing efforts when I realized that the Etsy messaging function will not allow me to reply to any message I receive. When I try to reply, I get an error message saying that my messaging is "temporarily suspended" and that I should contact support to get it reinstated. One week ago, I had an online chat session with someone there who told me that someone from a specialized team would email me to correct the problem. I still have no email, nor any messages from Etsy through the platform. The chat bot is now unavailable since that session, only showing me a copy of that conversation when I try to engage it again. Also, I've sent three messages through the "help" system regarding this since the chat session.  Is this the kind of service I can expect from Etsy? How long does it typically take for someone to respond?  I am very reluctant to continue publicizing my shop until this problem is fixed, and I know that I am able to respond to any inquiries.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PedalstrokePhotos - Best to post your own issues, do not hijack another seller's post.

Do not keep on sending new messages to Etsy.  Only send one (the original) and keep on replying to that one letting Etsy know you still need help.  Also, Etsy is famous for poor customer service for sellers.

1 Like
OutbackGiftingCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

same... not impressed with Help Center.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks @DudleyandSprout  -- I didn't mean to usurp someone else's thread.  I thought about that before I posted the message, but it wasn't apparent how to create a brand new post.  My apologies if I inadvertantly stepped on any toes.  Thanks for the advice about just replying to the first message.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PedalstrokePhotos - No need to apologize about your post.  It is just a forum etiquette thing.  

I check the forums almost daily and have learned a lot from reading other sellers' posts.

Just be persistent in contacting Etsy support if they don't resolve your issue.  They need to improve their customer service, for sure.

0 Likes
OutbackGiftingCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have had the same problem with the "bummer" message - for the life of me I cannot work out how to fix this - got to say trying to resolve this has been a nightmare - every time I go to the Help Center I end up in a loop - I have not been able to use the messages function since I opened my shop - absolutely ticked - Help Center sucks! I sent a message in the Technical spot, but no response - am seriously considering closing my shop  if ETSY doesn't improve it's ability to help us sellers resolve issues in a user friendly way. Going in circles and now having to post this in the hope that someone at the Help Center can do something about this suspended message issue for everyone is ridiculous - it is clearly a problem when there are so many bringing it up - sorry for venting - am at a complete loss as to how to tackle this as simply can't get a simple email address to the help center either.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.