Boyd's Bears Plush Bears removed from Etsy for policy violations

My Boyd's Bear listing was removed today from Etsy, stating it was violating seller policies. I don't see anything that states Boyd's Bears are prohibited from selling. Does anyone know anything about this? I have written many times to Etsy support and I get the same form letter, but no one explains why it was exactly removed.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Re: Boyd's Bears Plush Bears removed from Etsy for policy violations

Was it over 20 years old?

0 Likes

There were 2 bears in listing and they were both 20 years old. One 1999 and the other 2000

0 Likes

Had you "upcycled" the item or used it in a new creation, but used the Boyd's Bears name with it? 

0 Likes

No upcycled or used in a new creation. Just 2 genuine vintage Boyds bears in a listing. I have quite a few on and more to list so now I'm worried.

0 Likes

Also, for future reference, if you've sent Etsy multiple messages about the same thing, you go to the bottom of the queue each time. The better way to do it is to reply to the form letter they send you saying you need human intervention ... or whatever words you want to use to say that you need a person to answer your question; otherwise you just keep getting bot replies. 

1 Like

I didn't know about going to the bottom of rhe queue. I did ask for someone to reply to exact reason the listing was removed. 

0 Likes

I hope I hear from Etsy to tell me what the exact reason is. I have listed quite a few and I have a lot of boyds Bears to still list (YIKES). 

1 Like

Thank you to each of you for responding. xo

0 Likes

Etsy will never tell you "the exact reason" as we are expected to know the rules.

Did you take your own photos? It could be that the bots recognized your photo from another site. 

Did you use any forbidden words like "ivory" or "amber" or Russia or Cuba? Those trigger takedowns.

Did you mistakenly list it as handmade?

Sometimes you just need to do a bit of investigation

1 Like

All my own photos, I'm a retired professional photographer. Others unfortunately have taken my photos No forbidden words ..although I do sell amber glass because I sell a lot of glass. I don't have anything in my shop that remotely is Russia Cuba etc. Listed as vintage. I will do more digging or just list it on EBay or Poshmark.  Thank you xo

0 Likes

I know Boyds Bears have been around for a lot longer than 20 years.  But if the models you listed are still in production, there may be no way to tell how old your bears are.  If the models are still in production, Etsy often takes them down for not being vintage unless you can actually prove they are.  If there is a date anywhere on the bear, attach that to your request but expect these and others to be taken down by bots in the future.

0 Likes

They might have mistakenly taken it down and will put it back up. There's been a few posts this week about mistaken take downs. Etsy must be adjusting the bots. I've also seen tons of posts about suspended shops from true violators. More than ever. Hopefully yours will be back up soon.

0 Likes

Etsy will rarely tell you exactly why, even if you do reach a person. They usually just make us guess and figure it out on our own. Did you list them under Vintage and Made by someone else, and not Handmade?

It may have just been removed by a bot in error. It is likely the trademarked name triggered an AI bot. If that is the case, a human should review it within 10 days and reinstate it if no rules were broken. If you haven't heard from them by then, you will need to file an appeal on a specific form.

But I wouldn't list any more until you get this dealt with, or they may close your store.

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Boyds Bears are no longer in production (2014), so you should have no issues with listing any of the bears.  As an avid Teddy Bear collector, I once owned stock in the company before the company went into hibernation.  I sure miss getting my yearly FOB Club kits.  Wishing you best of luck in getting your listings reactivated ... I am sure it is just a simple bot glitch and just needs a human to review it first.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.