Big order completed and shipped then refunded accidentally. What should I do?

My seamstress completed a big order, $360.00, then paid for and one too many labels so in canceling the label she canceled the whole order and still shipped the last items of the order.  Now all of the order has shipped and the customer has been fully refunded.  I have been charged back for the transaction amount.  I am out labor, materials ans shipping cost(more than one shipment was made).  I explained all this to the customer  and while the customer has been a good customer through the years(6 orders total) she is not replying to my request to make the order good by placing it again.
What should I do?  Is there any recourse I have with the customer to maybe force payment?
TYIA,
John

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Big order completed and shipped then refunded accidentally. What should I do?

No, there is no way.  Your mistake - or your employee's.   You are at the mercy of your customer.  I hope it turns out well.

0 Likes

Re: Big order completed and shipped then refunded accidentally. What should I do?

Per your About section - 

"I guess you could say the buck stops at John."

That would be you.  One of the pitfalls of having employees - Etsy can be confusing, I sure wouldn't blame them.

I would wait until the packages show delivered, then make one more very nice request to the Buyer, explaining what happened - an honest mistake, after all- and maybe sweeten the deal by offering  a nice discount.

The Buyer will realize this will be their last order from you, if they don't comply and do the right thing.

Sorry this happened!

0 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

You cannot force a payment. If the buyer won’t repurchase, take the loss and count it as a lesson learned.

0 Likes

There is no way to recoup the money unless the buyer repurcases.

Is it still in transit? If so, do a package intercept and at least get it back? If sent through USPS it costs about $15

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.