SimplyMeHolly
Inspiration Seeker

Being held accountable for digital content not received

I'm not understanding how I can receive bad reviews over digital content not received by the buyer. I'm being held accountable for something that is out of my control. I received a few bad reviews because a few customers did not get or could not find their digital download. They did not reach out to me for help ,they just went straight to leaving a bad review. It's 1 of 2 things, user error or Etsy didn't deliver. Neither I can control. When customers do reach out to me I explain to them how to navigate to their download or I just personally email it myself. 

My thing is I have lost my star seller status over a couple emails from people not receiving their digital download. There has to be a way to fix this issue. Sellers should not be held accountable for user error on buyers part, especially if they didn't reach out for help,nor should the seller be held accountable if it's Etsys fault.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Being held accountable for digital content not received

I sell a few digital downloads and I added a photo with information how on to download the digital pattern and I also included that digital download can't be download with the app.  I hope this helps.

3 Likes
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

I also put the following message up as a picture on all my digital listings.
"Instant downloads are available every day and every night.
You cannot download from the Etsy App. Use a laptop or desktop computer.
If you log into Etsy, and look for your profile picture, at the upper right.
There is a drop down menu under it. Scroll down to "Purchases".
Click on it and look for your order, click on that and you can go to your download.
Let me know if you still can't find it."

3 Likes

@SimplyMeHolly: Unfortunately user error / incompetence is not one of the legal reasons to remove a review.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.