cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheVintageDenCD
Inspiration Seeker

Becoming impossible to add content

Is there something going on at the moment as I’m finding it almost impossible to upload new items. 

Mobile app doesn’t work, reported it, told to switch to old style, did this, no different 

Told to use the Etsy app, can’t because then it tells me to use the seller app and if I remove it I just get told to download it

So then told to use the internet on my phone, which gets constant red boxes saying if this problem continues contact support. 

Using the laptop is a pain as having to change all the uploaded files to JPEG’s is so time consuming, feel like not bothering any more as it’s taking so many attempts and effort to upload a single item and I sell less on here than other sites. 

Is anyone else having the same issues? 

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Becoming impossible to add content

Can't offer any help other than to say that I am having similar problems.  The app doesn't work.  When I use my phone, the only way I can add new items is to reuse or copy old listings.  If I try to add a new listing, it keeps loosing all information the minute I try to add photos.  My phone is only a few months old. I can work fine from my laptop, but its more convenient to use my phone and this is really putting me off adding new products.  The easiest option is to copy an existing listing, then just change all the information treating it like a new listing.  For some reason this works absolutely fine.  

1 Like

I have to copy an ad   but then the pictures take 10 min to upload and if I try more than one pictures I'm told something went wrong.    Your suppose to be able to add  10 pictures!!!   Videos I walk away if I try forever loading.   Ebay they are done as soon as I post them.

0 Likes

I'm not sure why Etsy keeps up the ruse of a seller app because you really can't properly run an Etsy business on it. 

10 Likes

@TheVintageDenCD The app is rubbish.  I recommend you make it more convenient to work from a desktop.  The app has been around for a very long time, has numerous complaints about basic usability and Etsy doesn't do a thing about it.  I don't think they ever will.

3 Likes

What format does your phone use for photos, if it's not .jpeg? I am sorry you are having these problems and I hope that you can get it fixed soon.

1 Like

Imagine posting ADs from a silly little phone...

0 Likes
TheVintageDenCD
Inspiration Seeker

Is that not what you are doing?

0 Likes

Your photos aren't jpegs already? I use a laptop to list, it's a simple matter of plugging my phone into it, open the folders, drag the images across and we're good to go. 

Sorry I  don't have any other answers or work-arounds. The app sucks, I only use it to answer convos if I'm away from home, or to remind myself of what people ordered when I'm knee-deep in the inventory cupboard.

0 Likes

Yea, easier to bluetooth it from phone to pc, esp on phone like mine that always reset the developer mode / mtp crap so I cant just plug it into the PC and view folders to copy / move stuff to PC. so I just bluetooth photos taken.

0 Likes
TheVintageDenCD
Inspiration Seeker

They're not My iPhone saves them HEIC files for some reason and I can't change it. 

It's a pain!

0 Likes

@TheVintageDenCD: "... and I can't change it." I believe that you can disable HEIC on your iPhone by going to Settings > Camera > Formats and selecting 'Most Compatible' instead of 'High Efficiency'. This should save all future photos in JPEG format.

0 Likes

Can Etsy save HEIC format photos?  That may be another problem, in addition to using the cr-app?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.