Banner Issue

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Sent support contact but have not received a response.  Every month we change our banner. When I did this month, everything looked fine I click save. When I go to check the store view, the banner move to the right and only half of it is showing.  I re-edited the banner several times already, tried different days thinking it may be a technical glitch. This has been going on for a few days now. Contacted support but have not receive a response. I have ads going and I don't want people to click on our Etsy store and see half a banner. (Pattern Banner stood in place).  By the way this is Etsy Plus which just decided to try out.  Using Large Banner - size 1300 x 731 pixels. Any suggestions. Thanks. Rachel 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
26 Replies

Re: Banner Issue

I don't have plus, but there are different choices for setting up the banner on plus, like carousel and collage, so perhaps this is causing the problem, perhaps you have the wrong set-up?

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001730447-Etsy-Plus-Advanced-Shop-Customization

Also, per Etsy, the correct sizes for banners:

"You have two standard size options: Big banners make a splash across the top of your shop home. They should be 3360 x 840 pixels for optimal performance, and a minimum of 1200 x 300 pixels. Mini banners are best if you’d rather your shop icon and listings take primary focus. At 1200 x 160 pixels, mini banners will shift your listings higher up when viewing your shop home on desktop, and do not appear on mobile devices."

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/customizing-the-look-of-your-shop-home/358680450619

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. We change our banners every month. This is a first time problem.   I already tried different pixel sizes. Will try again. Thanks again for the info.

0 Likes

I'm having a similar issue as Indigo Mist Books, except that after positioning the banner to be correctly centered in preview mode, when I hit save the image moves back to it's original upload position and it's cutting off the bottom part of the image. I resized the image to 1200 x 300, and then 3360 x 840. However the problem persists! 

1 Like

It sounds like the banner isn't meeting the requirements.  

You have Etsy plus?  Try again to see if the upload gives information about size or any indication what the problem is in loading.

0 Likes

I do have Etsy Plus.  I contacted Etsy support and they are suppose to be looking into it. I tried again today 05/17 and it's still shifting.  Tried different size pixels, still shifting.  We change banners every month. This is the first time this has happened.  It's been 7 days since Etsy's last respond of looking it.  Contacted them again today.  Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. 

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@IndigoMistBooks  - Your banner is centered when I view from my iPad but it's shifted to the right viewing from my desktop.

0 Likes

Like for letting me know,  I'll add it my request with Etsy to look into it.  I was viewing it from my computer.   

0 Likes

I think Etsy changed something in the past week with how shop photos are formatted for Adroid and/or other mobile users.

I am seeing normal banners on most shops**, but the slide shows are all weirdly cropped, zoomed extra large so that most of the image content is missing, and pushed to the side.

**Your banner is pushed to the far right and distorted into a fat, almost squared rectangle with a bad crop.

Hopefully, it is just a mobile glitch or test that will correct soon.  It looks terrible and unprofessional.

@KristenLovesClaire 

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/About-Section-slide-show/m-p/138387865#M699819

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/About-Section-Photos-More-Testing/m-p/138356630

0 Likes

I agree with you that it looks terrible and unprofessional. I contacted Etsy as soon as I wasn't able to fix it. Hopefully with all the funds they are suppose to putting towards helping sellers these photo issues will get fixed quickly. 

1 Like
thePaperFramer
Conversation Maker

Not just Android/Mobile users. Only see half of the banner on a desktop running W10

1 Like

When viewing on my desktop, your banner is indeed shifted to the right.

0 Likes
Hugs4Paper
Conversation Maker

Betreff: Banner Issue

If you right-click on the banner image (right side) and open it in a new tab, you will see a size of 1680 x 420 pixels. But it is fully visible in the new tab. (A beautiful banner)

What is particularly amazing is that when I click with the right mouse button on the left side of the banner area (i.e. where the banner should actually be) the system shows me, among other things: Show page source code

There is actually NO picture there, but HTML technology. It must definitely be an Etsy bug.

If I were you, I would take screenshots and describe the case to Etsy with the note: Technical defects

Tips for customizing banners on Etsy

Happy weekend :))

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

I wonder if the 'click here for this month's genre sale' (must be an Etsy Plus thing - never seen that before) button on your banner isn't part of the problem...?

0 Likes
Hugs4Paper
Conversation Maker

Betreff: Banner Issue

Maybe it's the choice of setting? Do you perhaps have the 2 banner side by side variant? If you want to have a continuous (large) banner, is a different variant setting necessary...?

1 Like

Checking back to see if anyone was able to help yet - apparently not.  I've never seen anything like this - I hope you come back when you find out the fix!

For all we know, it could be yet another Etsy test.

0 Likes

I updated my banner today with the new option (well, new to me) to add a link to a specific section.  When adding the link, I, too, have a banner that shifts to the right with blank left.  When I remove the "link" to a section, it centers.  I change banners often, so this is not a pixel/size/user issue that I'm aware of.  This is a glitch of some sort with the option to add a link to a listing or section.  Any tips or suggestions?

0 Likes

As a follow-up, I chatted with Etsy for a long time last evening. I tried clearing cache, cookies, trying a different browser and even my I-phone with no success. It centers fine until I add the link. Etsy is aware and they are working on it. 

0 Likes

I have never used a banner. Is that something I should use?

0 Likes

I've been having the same issue. My banner hasn't changed in 3-4 years but lately the bottom half all the way across hasn't been showing up.  I uploaded the same banner again incase Etsy changed something and it didn't update right. That fixed it for about a week and now when I log on the whole banner is showing but everything is fuzzy. I uploaded it again and the file meets all the requirements so I'm not sure what is wrong.

0 Likes

Your banner looks good on my laptop.  Centered and full view.

1 Like

I just recently tried to switch out my banner for the first time in years as well. It looks fine when I'm editing it but when I hit save it shoots up pushing the image up and making the text get cut off. I'm honestly just gonna get rid of it for now because no matter what I do it wont change. 

0 Likes

just clicked on your store - your banner looked fine to me.

0 Likes
BlackShedArt
Inspiration Seeker

im having this same issue. What was the cause?

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Warning - Bit of a rant coming...

Having just tried for about 2 hours to upload a mini banner, I have come to the conclusion that banners are completely useless and will only display correctly on the full desktop (browser) version with window extended to max (and even then it looks fuzzy).

I tested it on various browsers, devices and window sizes and found that the shop icon moves to overlap the banner, in some cases on the left, in others it is centred. The 'favourite shop' button also obscures the banner on the right hand side, so it's impossible to know where to put the design elements.

I didn't know they don't display at all on the app - if I had known that before then I wouldn't have bothered.

In conclusion, unless your banner is very simple, like a wallpaper with no text elements, where you don't mind the design being obscured by icons and buttons, then don't bother at all with a banner. In my opinion, it's not worth the hassle. Most buyers won't see it anyway.

Don't bother looking at my shop because I have now removed it in disgust. I'm just going to keep it simple and stick with the shop icon.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.