BUG in Star Seller stats for Dutch Post

Hi all, 

I just noticed a weird drop in my star seller shipping percentages. Turns out that all packages that I send within the Netherlands (where I live myself) are marked as NO for Dispatched on Time. When I look up the actual order, there actually IS a tracking number AND they are marked Dispatched on time (mostly next day). This is only for Dutch packages. All packages have been delivered. 

The one weird thing I can see is that these items all have a status Pre-Transit, which would suggest that the API with Postnl is not working properly. 

- Are there more Dutch people with these issues?
- Is there a way to get Etsy looking and fixing this? It sucks to get penalized for a technical issue on Etsy/Postnl's part.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
20 Replies

Re: BUG in Star Seller stats for Dutch Post

@Vaseomania  - Etsy uses Aftership to link up and update tracking on packages.

Aftership does track PostNL - this is a link to their info on PostNL:

https://www.aftership.com/carriers/postnl#:~:text=PostNL%20(PostNL%20Pakketten)%20is%20',PostNL%20Do....

It is possible that Etsy, Aftership or PostNL made some technical changes & all involved have not adapted to the changes made.

Also, some EU shops (& some in Australia) have run afoul of an Etsy glitch. The shop's chosen shipper is mysteriously changed. So the tracking number makes no sense since it doesn't carry the correct format. Etsy sees this as "no tracking" & the shop's stats suffer. 
Many shop owners have taken to double checking their completed order info. to be sure nothing glitched. You have 3 days to edit the tracking info. entered.

0 Likes

I'm that seller from the other thread - I'm actually located in Canada but I use PostNL to ship to Australia/connect to Australia Post (among other non-US international destinations).

It makes sense that PostNL might be the issue. I've contacted the carrier on my end and hopefully they'll address it come business hours on Monday.

0 Likes

Thanks! I didn't know about the 3 days edit time. 
Would it be possible to connect with aftership directly?

0 Likes

Same, but in Canada. @JMOldeVintage  probably has the right idea, with the disconnect originating with PostNL.

This is obviously terrible timing for a massive bug like this, so if you send an SOS to your carrier they'll likely try to respond with some haste. (Or at least issue an official notice?)

I've contacted mine, but it's the weekend and I won't hear back until sometime tomorrow.

0 Likes

Thanks! I'll contact Etsy first, but will try PostNL as well. They are massively swamped due to Black Friday and a local holiday, Sinterklaas, but who knows, they might pick it up.

1 Like
RueDeLouvain
Conversation Maker

All the orders that I have sent with PostNL both to the Netherlands AND EU countries show as pre-transit on Etsy. PostNL tracking says they are delivered on time (and they are), and click-through from the order on Etsy to the tracking on the PostNL site is working fine. 

Most of the time I send with PostNL-BE (I am based in Belgium), but I have two accounts and other parcels have been sent from within the Netherlands with PostNL-NL. In both cases Etsy will never show delivered, only pre-transit.

Done some research, and parcels to Australia, Japan, UK, US in fact any country where the parcel goes through customs clearing (and I assume is scanned again) do not seem to suffer from this bug. They show Delivered as normal.

But it does not seem to be affecting my Star Seller status at all. I've noticed this glitch for a long time, and have 100% on time shipping. It's really strange that in your case the shipping stats are impacted. I would certainly contact Etsy about it. 

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply! I had noticed the In Transit bug before, and it has never affected my Star Seller Status. This is the first time I am seeing this. 

I am somewhat glad that more people experience (part of) the issue, that might make it easier to get priority when contacting Etsy.

0 Likes

Issue one that I noticed last year for shipping with PostNL and the Etsy integration is that when I select “PostNL International” as the carrier option it gets stuck in Pre-Transit but when I select “PostNL International 3S” it does switch to in transit once it is scanned at the drop off point.

BUT then comes the second issue. I noticed that if it has “PostNL International 3S” as standard in my completing an order screen then an Etsy glitch changes it back to the version without 3S and it is stuck on Pre-Transit again (so always check your carrier once you completed it, you have three days to change it again to the 3S version). My workaround for that glitch is to change the carrier (even if it says the correct PostNL International 3S) and then change it back to the one I want, all before pressing the “complete order” button. Confusing and extra work? Yes. But it does work this way usually. 

0 Likes
PurpleCatShop
Inspiration Seeker

Hello,
I have the same issue, I also live in the NL, and all my order from NL to NL show with tracking number invalid.
I contacted support and opened a ticket

Etsy support told me that the Tracking code doesn't show up as a valid tracking code for them
It looks like we used DPD or any other courrier.
My stats are also dropping for that reason, I sent them screenshots to show them the shipping labels were issued by PostNL,
I am waiting for their answer, but I would suggest you do the same, open a ticket and send them all you can to show it was issued by PostNL
I hope this helps

0 Likes

@PurpleCatShop use "PostNL International 3S" for your PostNL Domestic orders. Yes, those you ship within the Netherlands. If your order is within 3 days you can still change the carrier and try it out, it should then show as in transit and count towards your star seller tracking. Not sure why this glitch is happening but it has been happening for a year for me now but this works for me. 

0 Likes
PurpleCatShop
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks @VanillaMintDesings, that's what I did but still shows incorrect.

0 Likes

@PurpleCatShop ugh, how frustrating. Really wish they would fix this bug, it's as bad as the iDeal glitch...

0 Likes
grabacoffee
Inspiration Seeker

I do have the same problem, just created a thread about here, since Etsy support sent me here.

I've lost star seller status this month because of this, even if I had tickets opened about this problem 2 times in last month. 

0 Likes

Check Aftership to see if your courier is listed.  If not then Etsy cannot track the numbers.

0 Likes
KiterraMinerals
Inspiration Seeker

I have the same issue for Spain and I just spoke to them but they can’t help:( 

0 Likes
KiterraMinerals
Inspiration Seeker

I have also lost star seller status because of this issue, and no one can do anything. It’s frustrating our profile should always reflect the reality. 

0 Likes

Check Aftership which is the service Etsy uses for tracking to see if your courier is listed. 

0 Likes

Same problem here, I will loose star seller status as well, because of this fault.
Etsy please fix this!!

0 Likes

Is het opgelost bij jou? @Vaseomania

0 Likes
w1spArcadeEU
Inspiration Seeker

Same problem - PostNL tracking doesn't work on Etsy, I have 5 orders in "Pre-Transit" according to Etsy that have been delivered to my customers, and my orders are stuck in reserve. Very frustrating and making me think of switching platforms.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.