Automated pricing changes

Is anyone else experiencing automatic lower changes to their priced items?  Editing these errors seems to fix the issue temporarily.  But then it happens again.  I've seen the threads on the 20% increase placed on prices but I'm having the opposite  problem.  Has there been an update about the pricing problems?  I haven't seen anything from Etsy yet.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
4 Replies

Re: Automated pricing changes

@NancyQstudio  - There is no pinned notice at the start of this forum. Nothing in Announcements.

I get the feeling this issue has not been & may not be seen as a priority. Kind of like the tracking not updating problems a month or so ago. If it's not affecting the majority (or not enough shops are noticing the issue and reporting it?) then maybe, eventually, someone might look into it. But there is no immediate pressure felt to track down the problem & fix it.

And if Etsy "caused" the problem, some other change they made is causing the price change glitch, I'd assume in my non-techie mind that they would need to find out why that one change triggered the glitch. Fix that & then, I don't know, keep their fingers crossed they fixed the pricing problem? 

1 Like

@JMOldeVintage Thank you. This helps.  I was hoping an update had been shared which I couldn't find.  I'll just keep fixing these.  Programming errors are not always simple fixes so hopefully they are working on it now.  If not, this should become a priority at one point because it is a problem.  It's positive that not all sellers are being impacted.  Thanks again!

1 Like

@NancyQstudio  - And in your case, if the price shown to buyers is lower than what they will see once carted, going thru the check out process, that will definitely cause some buyers to feel they are being "scammed".

1 Like

@JMOldeVintage Yes, that's why I'm trying to stay on top of this.  I'd hate for anyone to feel that way.  

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.