Auto Reply Message Not Working

Jump to solution

I have tried to reach out to ETSY about this issue 4 months ago and have not seen any support/can't even find how to contact ETSY directly.

When I try to use the auto-reply function, it just shuts off on its own. I have tried 7 days in a row to try to have it work, and it does not. I click  ON for Auto Reply messages and select the time/my response.  Within hours/the same day, autoreply turns off again.

Last week, I knew I would be away without internet access, so I set my Auto-Reply. When I returned, auto-reply was shut off, and I have been docked for not responding to several messages within 24hours. 

How do I directly get someone from ETSY to address this issue? and to correct the 24 hr reply ratings I have been penalized for.  ETSY insists on these metrics and star seller performances,  but the features they offer don't even work.

Worse.. you cant even get in touch with anyone

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Auto Reply Message Not Working

Jump to solution

The duration box is for how long you want it on for, not how long before it sends the message.

That has confused sellers in the past.

View solution in original post

3 Likes
7 Replies

Jump to solution

@PopNcases   At the bottom of the Auto Reply popup there is a drop down to select how long you want the auto reply to be active. I believe the default is 1 Hour and the maximum is 5 Days.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

The duration box is for how long you want it on for, not how long before it sends the message.

That has confused sellers in the past.

3 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

You must have set it for too short a time. It's available for 1 hour up to 5 days.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@PopNcases 

You should only have the auto reply on for a short time, for a specific reason, and you can choose the short amount of time,

This isn't something you should use all the time. and it will switch itself off, after the time you select

So use it for the odd occasion you need it, and the rest of the time, answer your customers messages yourself, don't let a bot do it.

.... if you are going to be away for a while, especially a week, you can put your shop on vacation, and have an autoreply on then, for all your vacation time

1 Like
WPshoppe
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids 

I use it every day, all day, reseting it every 5 days. Every message to my shop gets an auto reply. This is a fail-safe so that all messages are responded to in a timely manner. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Well, I wouldn't like it as a customer, bots replying turns me right off

but it's your shop

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Last week it was set for 5 days, I was away without internet access and. it was a long weekend in Canada, so sales would be shipped the next business day (no need for holiday mode/losing sales..). The message I got was within the first 2/3 days.. 

I do understand bot replies suck for a customer, but this is in place because of Etsy's Star and performance metrics now.. otherwise, I am always on top of messages within the hour.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.