App is failing to register conversations causing us to lose star seller

We responded immediatly to a message but in our reports it shows that we haven't responded at all. I can prove it via a screen shot on shop and our message history via excel. Total garbage that we work our tails off to get star seller and then it gets taken away because of etsy app. Please fix the glitch!

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
19 Replies

Re: App is failing to register conversations causing us to lose star seller

Was this a spam message?  If so Etsy may have removed the account so no reply was had.  You need to use a browser to put the message into spam. 

1 Like

No it was not it was an actual customer.

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Always use a browser for conducting Etsy business ... the app is way too glitchy!

5 Likes

A hard lesson learned.

0 Likes
ChantillyAvenue
Conversation Maker

All the money this corporation has made, and they can't be bothered to create an app that consistently works like it's supposed to.  Shameful:(  I wouldn't run my shop from the app, even if it did function properly, but it seems that lots of people are trying to do just that, with often disastrous results.  They need to fix the thing once and for all or just scrap it and start over.  No excuse for an ecommerce site of this size to have a poorly functioning app.

3 Likes

They just wanted to have something to show the press and shareholders. I would be surprised if they have plans to make it, or anything else like search for example, run properly.

1 Like

I have Etsy route messages to my email and I get those messages and then get messages from Etsy.

I've responded to a notification on my phone and found out that I was responding to the email notification ... so my response goes to my email rather than the messenger.

I find the Etsy phone app tricky. I use it to get notifications, but I prefer my computer (with a bigger screen and a bigger keyboard and more functionality) to do anything serious.

4 Likes
ChantillyAvenue
Conversation Maker

@GlassyFields 

It always seems like POD sellers, launching their home based business on a shoe string budget (and no computer), but maybe that's just me.  There are so many instructional videos for setting up POD shops through the Printify app on YouTube.  They make it sound like you're actually setting up a Printify business, and Etsy is almost an afterthought.

0 Likes

@ChantillyAvenue 

My children make fun of my lack of mobile phone savvy. I'm a computer person. I consider a phone a device that lets me know when I need to go do something on my computer.

I feel a bit sorry for all the POD sellers. The market is so darn saturated. And now with scammers and spammers targeting new shops. It probably feels like the wild west ... or the get rich quick in the gold rush days. Only to find that it's more like a lottery where one out of a thousand manage to make it work.

1 Like

I'm actually not a POD seller I print in house on a commercial printer but the hours in the day are limited.

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

the app is unreliable. 

read the reviews on the app store.
interesting that etsy does respond to many 1 star reviews there. (but I didn't say effectively).

btw... I guess DTF means something different now.

0 Likes

No it's still a dual meaning lol but thanks for the giggle.

0 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

The Etsy app is limited in its application and need to be considered a supplement to the full Etsy shop, not as a replacement to the browser version.  I assume you were unaware of that.  Sorry.  

3 Likes

A hard lesson learned. But I still think they need to make it right.

0 Likes

I'm assuming the app is meant for buyers, not sellers and that is why there is so little functionality for sellers.  If you're serious about running a business rather than a get rich scheme being touted by a YouTuber, you need to use a computer so you can see everything on a page and not just scroll up and down and sideways on a phone.  A phone might be fine for somethings but not running a business.

4 Likes

I'm not sure if it's just because I haven't had my coffe yet but this comment hit wrong. If you think that is what my business is than you are seriously delusional. I work 14 hours a day and responding to messages is a small part of what I do. If they offer it as a solution they should at least back it. 

1 Like

I use the app for notifications and nothing more.  Like others have shared it's unreliable and doesn't work well.  When I need to respond to a message right away I use the browser version of my Etsy shop on my phone.  But, I do all work on either a desktop or laptop. This helps.  

0 Likes
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

You can go to the browser and put the message in question in the spam folder and it should raise your score, but if it was a Help Request message you cannot spam it.

0 Likes

This has happened to me recently and my rating has went down to 75% for 1 message. During the weekends I don't use my work computer so I check the app, and I've found the app doesn't notify when new messages come in. I responded just over 24 hours after and my rating has tanked! The unfair part of this is NO large store/shop/business would ever respond to a customer within a 24 hour period but Etsy expects us to constantly be on it. I'm so dishearten by Etsy at the moment - spam, ratings, theft of artwork, etsy turning into Temu 2.0 and low sales.

Sorry for my little rant

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.