Another vintage Native American bracelet delisted by Etsy with no explanation - FED UP

Hello, I am not a reseller but only list beloved items I have collected over the years. For the second time, Etsy delisted a vintage Native American silver bracelet that dates back to the 60s and that I purchased in the 80s. The silver bracelet contains a large turquoise and an amber cabochon on each side of the turquoise. If amber is illegal now, it certainly was not back in the 60s. Since silver and turquoise are not illegal yet, I am thinking it is the 2 amber stones. So what do people who have vintage pieces they wish to sell do? OK to delist contemporary pieces but not vintage ones.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies
Rosie247
Conversation Maker

Re: Another vintage Native American bracelet delisted by Etsy with no explanation - FED UP

Everything with the word amber is automatically deactivated by bots. Theoretically, in time, it will be looked at by a real person and if it is found that it does not violate Esty terms of service it will be reactivated. 

7 Likes

Re: Another vintage Native American bracelet delisted by Etsy with no explanation - FED UP

Except that I am running a HOLIDAY sale and listed this item as a great Xmas gift. Because of Etsy's disfunctional bot, I am being penalized!

0 Likes

Yes, it was amber that did it.  Amber is not illegal, but Etsy's bots remove listings because of a lawsuit Etsy lost due to the death of a child.  Certain size beads are no longer allowed to be sold, even though they are legal.  The bots take down everything with the word "amber", even if it is just the color.  Your item doesn't contain beads, rather mounted cabochons, but it was taken down by the bots gone wild.

You will have to contact Etsy, explain what your item is, and have them reinstate your listing.  The first email you get from them will be a generic one, and you will then have to respond to that one, perhaps several times before you get a legitimate response.

Once your item is reinstated, it could happen all over again the next time a bot sees your listing.

5 Likes

Etsy needs to look at the item and if the cabochon is big enough they will reinstate.  Just be warned that if you edit the listing the BOT will deactivate it again.

Small amber beads are not allowed on Etsy.  

2 Likes

A cabachon or nugget in a bracelet is not a bead, so it shouldn't have been taken down to begin with.  They are mounted in bezels, not something loose on a string that a child could bite off.

1 Like

Except that I am running a HOLIDAY sale and listed this item as a great Xmas gift. Because of Etsy's disfonctional bot, I am being penalized!

1 Like

You know just once I'd like to see someone in the forums complaining about this who isn't a vintage shop. Obviously I don't like it happening to people but it just strikes me as odd that it always seems to be vintage sellers with these bot takedowns... makes my tin foil hat buzz.

Etsy can't even be bothered to send updates on prohibited goods to all sellers; I guess it's more fun to set surprise traps.

2 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

instead of removing items like yours.

etsy needs to do a quick search on their site at all the baby bracelets and necklaces made with amber beads or any beads.

why are those items still here but your legal vintage item is not?

1 Like

Thank you! that's what's really upsetting. There are hundreds of items listed with amber. I am looking for another site to list my items.

0 Likes
AutistSatellite
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy really doesn't care about their sellers and sometimes I think they actively hate them 

3 Likes

@AutistSatellite Im starting to feel the same way. They pretty much blacked out both my shops no visits, no views, no sales in a month. Ive been letting everything expire and putting it all on my website. I just cant afford to keep relisting and paying the fees and getting nothing in return. Its so depressing here which is sad it use to be a fun place to sell

1 Like
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

Amber bot alert.

1 Like

Yes and in the meantime, if you do a search "amber jewelry", there are hundreds of items, so why me? Look at the hundreds of feedbacks on TrustPilot....

1 Like

And now, cherry on the cake, Etsy is informing me that I marked my own answer as an accepted solution! So end of story. Can you spell F E D U P?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.