o0BusyLizzie0o
Inspiration Seeker

An order has been marked as complete without me doing so and I can't upload any digital file.

Hi!

I'm a new seller on Etsy and I'm really confused.

Yesterday I opened my shop and got my first "made to order" digital product order. I was so excited! When waking up this morning, I found out that the order was moved in the "completed section" without me doing anything. And when trying to send the customer the ordered file, I cannot find anywhere to upload it!

"Delivered. View files", so I click view files and I get redirected to a page showing the order and it states "in progress". I am soooo confused.

I've seen that it has been a recurring issue among digital product sellers. How can I complete the order in spite of that problem? Should I just send a download link to my customer? Will that still allow them to leave a review?

Thanks a mil for your help.
Lizzie

PS. Next to the "completed" order is written "Quantity 1: Not Downloaded" - well, yeah! There's nothing to download.

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: An order has been marked as complete without me doing so and I can't upload any digital file.

Send as an email attachment.

0 Likes
weekendjewelry1
Conversation Maker

Re: An order has been marked as complete without me doing so and I can't upload any digital file.

I don't know the details about how download files/sales work since that's not my field. So I have an important question - have you actually received payment from the customer? If so then absolutely yes, email the file to your customer. Worry about reviews some other time: you want your customer to receive the item she paid for.  

0 Likes

Hello - I went through the same thing. Etsy said they are aware of the issue and working on it. This is what I did: 1. First, take are of the customer. Let them know you've gotten their order and are making it. You will need to email it since you cannot send via Etsy (it's marked as completed). 2. Once that is done, go to the listing where this occurred. Change it to instant download from "Made-to-Order". Upload a dummy file to that listing (you may see that even though it says "Made-to-Order", it will have a spot towards the bottom for uploading). Regardless, upload a dummy file. Let it sit for a minute. Go back to that listing. Remove the dummy upload. Change it back to "Made-to-Order." Save. View your listing on Etsy after several minutes to ensure the change took place. 3. Lastly, go through all of your listings in your shop (view your shop - don't do this through the listing page). It may have reverted many to instant download even though on the listing creation page it will show "Made-to-Order." It's a pain. Find any that have also reverted to this problem. Do the same thing to them. 4. As you make more listings, if you run into any error messages - stop working on that listing and go back to it a few minutes later. When errors pop up during the save process, I have noticed that the listing runs into this exact problem (made-to-order listing appears as instant download and goes straight to completed sales without giving you the opportunity to work with the customer to make their custom listing). I hope this helps and I'm sorry you're going through it. It's not fun but this is a work-around that will resolve the issue until Etsy tells us they have. 

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.