Alt-text on new listing page?

Has anyone been able to find out how to add alt-text on the new listings page? I am at a loss….

thanks!

Solomae

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Alt-text on new listing page?

If this is difficult, revert to the older page.  There will be a prompt asking why.  Let Etsy know of the issue.  

When I first used the new listing page it was fine for a very straightforward  item.  However, the second listing I developed needed variations with pricing differences and other relevant information added.  The new listing program could not accommodate these things.   Like many of Etsy's implemented programs, this one has not been thought out well.  This seems to be normal for Etsy.  Unlike their other Etsy rolled out programs done in the same way, this one gives an option to utilize the older program which works.  This is a real positive which I appreciate.

3 Likes

The issue I saw mainly for my shop was no shipping options. We sell odd shaped and heavy items, can not use shipping profiles, and them calculating for us never covers the shipping. Once I saw that the rest didn't matter if I can no longer ship things the way I do now. Sounds like it will be forced on us soon and no caring if shops can no longer list items. I list a lot of special orders for people and each one is different profiles do not work, and that being the only choice can't list on the new page. Hope they listen to the feed back and fix a few things like that. I get shorter is better but no so short many shops can no longer do business. Will switch back daily until I can't

0 Likes

I do not see it and have sent the message to ETSY. Switch back to the old listing view, we did.

1 Like

Also, I don't even see the alt text I have added on the old editing version on my listings when I go to the customer's view and click on the photo to enlarge it. Is there something I'm missing?

0 Likes

Agreed, I’ve been switching back to the old version as well. AND letting Etsy know why!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.