After sale discount codes

Hi, if I just created a coupon code for buyers after sale, can I send that same code to old buyers that didn’t receive that offer? 
thanks!! 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
8 Replies

Re: After sale discount codes

when setting up the code there is an option to also send the code to customers from the past X number of days (i can't remember if it's 90 or 30 days)

but if you're asking "can i message people and give them the coupon code?" ... it's against etsy's terms of use to message people directly to give them codes or tell them about sales

1 Like

Oh ok thank you so it automatically has to go through the code setup, I see sellers sometimes used to put a code on their biz card in the package, is that against policy too? You can put the code in your announcements only if it’s a promo code correct? Hope I’m making sense. Ty! 

0 Likes

Type 1: return customer code / cart code / favorites code .......... these are codes you can create which are automatically sent by etsy to qualifying customers. Code is good for one use for a certain time frame (time frame varies by type). And with two of these you can select "send to previous customers". 

Type 2: code you create which is not one of the above. good until you end it. can be used multiple times. is not automatically sent to your customers. 

You could write either one on your business card when you send the order

1 Like

Thank you! You’ve answered a lot of my questions awesome! So no messages to buyers with codes I got it. I had a customer thank me for their order and I was going to send them the code just in case they didn’t get it. I’m glad I didn’t. Best to you! Thanks again! 

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Etsy allows you to add any "promotional codes" to your packing slips using the "customize options" feature.  This discount prints out at the bottom of the packing slip.  You can also add it to your biz cards.  Great for thanking repeat buyers!

Etsy allows you to offer a "quick discount" (10% - 30%) whenever somebody send you a message ... they are good for 5 days only w/ no order minimum.  Great for giving a buyers who may be undecided a gentle nudge towards making the purchase!  

0 Likes

Thank you! So that quick discount code be sent via message? I’ll look into the packing slip thing as well, good idea! 

0 Likes

Ah I saw the quick discount tab, I sent one ty! 

0 Likes
PamsPawsJewelry
Conversation Maker

I always send a discount code in my Thank You cards when sending orders and also in a message to buyers.

You can send messages to buyers but not to shoppers who just faved items.

I think it is my shop and my customers and we should be able to do that. Etsy is a site I pay to sell on and should not be keeping us from writing to our customers.

If they want sales they sure know how to make it harder to get any on here.

Etsy doesnt care if we sell as long as they get listing money and fees from us!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.