Account locked, store gone, zero communication from Etsy

Jump to solution

My name is Garrett and my shop is @TheFarmhouseFinds. I've been selling on Etsy for over seven years. I posted something similar but have yet to receive a reply.

After clicking what appeared to be a reset password link from Etsy, I was locked out of my account and my bank account was unlinked by an Etsy admin. The email I received from Etsy said they wanted to protect from from harm to my personal and financial information due to suspicious logins. I understand it may have been a phishing scam. It's now the lack of communication and support from Etsy that has left me pretty shocked and disappointed.

While I can log into my account, my store is gone. My active orders were canceled by Etsy. I highly doubt they will reissue these orders so I will now have to reach out to every customer and have them reorder. This is thousands and thousands of dollars. This shop is my main source of income that I use to support my wife and three daughters. I've documented my communication with Etsy every day .

I have closed tickets without a response. I received an email asking to confirm security questions and then silence for days. I followed up asking for an update and received no response. The ticket that I currently have open they haven't responded to for over three days. 

I've reached out to other shop owners who have gone through a similar experience and they encouraged me to come to the Community and share what is going on. 

Please help @nta58flx9piiejnb @ModFabio 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Account locked, store gone, zero communication from Etsy

Jump to solution

I wanted to follow back here and thank the Etsy admins in the forum. They were quickly able to solve my issue and reactive my shop. If anyone has issues in the future, this is the place to come. Thanks all! 

View solution in original post

13 Likes
21 Replies

Jump to solution

When I go to your shop, the message says that you are taking a short break to catch up on orders. Etsy has not closed your shop, or the message would be different. It does sound like you were phished and gave enough info for someone to change shop settings/passwords etc.  The problem is that it is possible that ALL communications that you have had since the original phishing, have been fraudulent and not actually from Etsy. Some scammers are thorough and continue to extract info from victims with subsequent communications. 

I don't know the way out of this, but I would tend to try to initiate all contacts, where I am entering the email address, and not reply or click on any links, unless I was positive it is valid and not part of the scam. I believe that the Etsy Trust & Safety dept. is who can help with this.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

The shop I'm referring to is @TheFarmhouseFinds. I had to log into this account to even post here.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheFarmhouseFinds

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@FarmhouseBoardsCo the second link says you no longer sell on Etsy but banner there etc. Link before that says on a short break to catch up on orders. Keep bugging as I have issues since Dec 2 and sick of the support here for sure.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The shop is TheFarmhouseFinds. This is my secondary account as I can't even post on my main one. Thank you! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@@FarmhouseBoardsCo the second link says you no longer sell on Etsy but banner there etc. Link before that says on a short break to catch up on orders. Keep bugging as I have issues since Dec 2 and sick of the support here for sure. Sent screenshots to you but not sure you can access.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@FarmhouseBoardsCo  I remember your other Thread, and the fact that you had a Password Reset.  And I'm honestly disgusted.  There is no reason why you should come to the Forum and beg for help, because you have not heard from Etsy; they've not responded to you after you answered security questions.  Your ticket is still open.  And we really don't know if the Password Reset was indeed from Etsy (it might have been).
It should not be this difficult to have a 24/7 Security Support Team; for issues relating to this very thing.  As well as anything to do with financials. Bots can Deactivate listings in a nanosecond (from legitimate Sellers); Reserves are put on Shops (for various reason/s, oftentimes reasons Sellers do not know because they are not told).  Surely someone should be able to help Sellers when there is something like what you're going through.

I hope that an Admin you Tagged will assist you, because this just doesn't make sense.

13 Likes

Jump to solution

I couldn't agree more. It's mind-boggling. I have been a dedicated seller for over seven years. I love the platform but this is showing a lack of focus on customer service and having their seller's best interest in mind. I'm at a loss for words. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I really hope that you get the help you need ASAP!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thanks so much! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Don't keep sending new email threads. They will then close the original thread and treat the new thread as a new problem and kick you to the back of the line to start over.

Send one email, then wait for their reply. That can take up to 10 days. When you get a reply, if it did not solve your problem, reply from the "I Still Need Help"
link in their reply.  Do not start a new thread. They may send  you 2 or 3 canned responses, (with up to 10 days between each reply) before a real person looks at it. If you are persistent, eventually you will get help.

Unfortunately, by then your store will probably have been closed for a month or more.

If you get the number to schedule a Call Back,  you may reach a person sooner, but lately people have been reporting that is now a call center, too, that just say they will refer it to someone higher up. That usually means they will send Etsy an email on your behalf, which will close your current thread, and you will be back to starting over again.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It is truly a nightmare. I've spoken with several people after requesting a call. All of them said they would forward my issue. Never a solution. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yeah, don't keep sending email type messages as others have said cuz it closes the previous case(s) Have you tried chat? I had a problem last Fall where there bot labeled everything (seeds) restricted in all US states...it went on for 2 months and bugging them through chat seemed to be the only way any progress was made and they finally fixed it. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Is there a chance you had more than one account?    This shop has under 100 sales so maybe it's a case of mixed up stores/logins?

Hoping there's an easy solution out there sooner than later.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@moonbeamgifts OP's earlier reply:

The shop I'm referring to is @TheFarmhouseFinds. I had to log into this account to even post here.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheFarmhouseFinds

1 Like

Jump to solution

The account is @TheFarmhouseFinds. This is my backup account.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I wanted to follow back here and thank the Etsy admins in the forum. They were quickly able to solve my issue and reactive my shop. If anyone has issues in the future, this is the place to come. Thanks all! 

13 Likes

Jump to solution

That is such awesome news!

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@FarmhouseBoardsCo  So happy to hear this!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you so much, @ChillwolfArt !

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you, @ChristmasIsLove !!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.