cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abandonned Cart or Favorites coupon codes glitching?

Recieved this note from a customer...

"...Hi Scott, I received an email last night for 10% off code XXXXXXXXXX so I decided to upgrade to a pair of XXXXXXXXXXX.  The email reads the code is good through 06/28/2024 but it’s stating the code is invalid when I try to use it...."

Anyone else had customer reports of such glitches?

ADDENDUM: I noticed this message from Etsy under the  "Sales and Discounts" tab...

"...New: Expiration dates for thank you and abandoned cart offers: Buyers will have 60 days to use abandoned cart offers, and 1 year for thank you offers set as the default expiration dates. To learn what gets the best results for sellers like you, we may occasionally test different expiration windows. Go to “Details” on your active targeted offers for more info..."

Perhaps the testing has proved glitchy?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Abandonned Cart or Favorites coupon codes glitching?

I would assume it is glitchy if it was so recent. There are usually glitches with their tests

I have a customer from 2 years ago back again saying I am offering invalid coupons.  I don't actually want to have expiry dates on repeat purchases in part because a repeat customer is all good no matter how long but also because it just looks like I am offering invalid coupons to those who got them before this new etsy idea.

0 Likes

Can't say.  I have had the coupons used but not enough to say there is a glitch.  No one has reported any problems to me.

0 Likes
heavyistheheart
Conversation Maker

I believe etsy has set expiration dates closer to when the item is added to cart etc. to spur people to purchase faster

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

The targeted coupons have been glitchy since Etsy added the expiration dates about 2 months ago.  Instead of fixing the problems they seem to want to continue testing different scenarios.  

I would go to the  coupon page and copy the link and send it to ttte customer.  I'm curious to know if the link will work when inputting the code does not, but fortunately haven't had any customers with glitchy codes so haven't been able to test it.

0 Likes
VogueVixens
Community Maker

I am not surprised, there have been other technical problems with the coupon systems. My mother ACCIDENTALLY set one up, just by looking.  I noticed within 12 hours and clicked to stop sending. The button to stop/pause dissapeared, but coupons kept going out for about 2 weeks!

I emailed support, and just kept getting the same copy and paste answers, including that no one at Etsy could change it, that only SELLERS could could suspend coupons in their own shops. How could I, when there was no longer a button to action?

One email stated that it was a known issue in the Programming. My respose to that was if Programmers created it, of course they could fix it. 

Finally I saw "suspended" on our coupon page.

0 Likes
timelapse
Conversation Maker

@PristinityJewelry -  Did the customer order and then cancel the first order in order to upgrade to a second selection? Perhaps the code would have worked for the first, but not the second selection? Just a wild thought....who knows with the mess they made of coupons : )

I am waiting for my original one coupon (abandoned) to expire at the 60 day mark, already paused/stopped sending, then no more coupons will be added unless I simply mark a percentage off for a specific customer or run a small sale.

0 Likes

@PristinityJewelry Was it  an "Abandoned Cart" 10% Coupon? We know Etsy has set some timeframes for use and limits on Thank-you Coupons (1 year / one time use) and Abandoned Cart Coupons (60 Days)

As this is relatively new, we have not seen examples of these 2 Coupons actually used to date.

However, given the message your Buyer received, it looks like the "Abandoned Cart Coupon (expiry 28 June 2024) is attached to the Item / Listing that was "Abandoned. The Buyer has Listing A in the Cart and received an "Abandoned Cart" Coupon to encourage them to purchase Listing A.

But they then decided to buy Listing B "so I decided to upgrade to a pair of XXXXXXXXXXX".

They carted Item B and tried to apply the 10% Coupon but, as it was attached to Item A, the discount did not apply.

This is just a guess but as a date is attached to the Coupon, and that date is based on the date of "carting", it looks like these "Abandoned Cart" Coupons are now attached to one specific Listing rather than applicable Shop Wide as was previously the case.

I suspect the Buyer will receive another "Abandoned Cart" coupon for Listing B if they leave it in their Cart?

But we also know that Etsy "limits" Coupons and, if the Buyer has received that magic number of Coupon Offers for the Month, they may not receive the Coupon for Listing B. I suggest you just send them a personalized 10% Discount Coupon if they do not receive one automatically after 24 hours.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.