Anyone else? I just cleared my cache yesterday and was having no issues earlier. 

Re: 429 Too Many Requests error for shop manager

Jump to solution

What's funny about this , my husband just came in here and said the TV went off and a sign came up on the screen saying "We know all stations are off the air--We are working on it DO NOT CALL US!" LOL. We have satellite TV so maybe something is up with all type communications!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

Solar flares?  Or is Mercury rising ending our 2023?

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@Marpet3425OMG it IS retrograde... I'm so hiding until January.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@SimplyInvitingLLC Yes, In Retrograde from December 13 to January 1, 2024. Strangely enough, for me it's a mixed bag of good and bad.  So, maybe hiding out isn't required.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hmm ... while it's true that it could be due to a solar flare or a storm even, it's rather odd that it's happened not long after this:  https://apnews.com/article/silicon-valley-bank-uk-bailout-hsbc-sale-4d2da0e9c6f39c0fd8faf321a2b295cf.  While they may not relate to one another, reading between the lines regarding both, perhaps something's going on that the public is not being made aware of.  That is, it's rather odd when a major banking network is brought to a stop (for the 24 hours it took to resolve it) and then two and a half months later, all stations suddenly go off the air.  Seems more like one of two things to me - either something's going on with the sun to cause the flares that disrupted the power grid that TV stations are reliant upon or a major network of crooks is trying to bring down different networks to draw them to a halt which could be - to put it mildly - catastrophic either way.

Here's news about a recent flare (one of many in 2023):  https://blogs.nasa.gov/solarcycle25/2023/12/14/sun-releases-strong-solar-flare-8/.

Article on whether we should worry about sun flares (which can bring down power grids):  https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/should-you-really-worry-about-solar-flares/.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Same.  I thought it was just me!  Glad I'm in good company.

For those still having issues, clearing browser cache should resolve this.

1 Like

Jump to solution

It's not unimaginable that those 225 desk/worksites that were potentially left uninhabited beginning last Wednesday has and will probably have an impact.  Though the status update was specifically related to checkout; cheers to checkouts ringing as the site recovers.

1 Like
pHashIONpassION
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yes!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I did, then I went to Chrome and it was ok. I went back to Firefox and it cleared up. Did your message include Nicki as the user name? I thought that was weird.

0 Likes
LanaLuckyFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

My husband believes it was a DDoS attack on Etsy. Good Etsy resolved it pretty fast.

1 Like
CosiRevaya
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I got this too!  I was redirected to this url:   https://www.etsy.com/?ref=lgo&ref_login_action=signin-header

I noticed a new listing of mine that was on the 2nd page of the search page for the keywords I used is now not even showing up in that same search at all.  I'm wondering if the algorithms were affected as well?  I cleared my cache and still got redirected, but then refreshed the page and got in.  However, my listing is still gone from the search terms I used, when it was showing up on the 2nd page before this happened.  My visits are also down to almost nothing.  I am a new shop, but have been averaging much higher views until today and yesterday.  I also had trouble giving a shop review today, which also came back after I refreshed the weird url.  Something strange seems to be happening.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I just received a email message that Etsy has discovered a site problem and they are investigating.  So it should be fixed soon.

1 Like
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I got it while trying to look at my messages.

It went away after I re-started the laptop.

Always good to know it wasn't something I did!

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I was away when this transpired (so I didn't get the 429 Too Many Requests Error), but something odd happened earlier (sometime before 2:00 p.m.). When I redisplayed the Forum Page, an Etsy page (blue and white), came up. Something about how this site needs you to accept cookies, and to select I Agree.  I didn't click anything; instead I either clicked the back arrow or redisplayed the page again, and this page about Etsy Cookies was gone.  I've never seen this before.

0 Likes
CosiRevaya
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm with marpet3425/Crafty Poster!  Solar Flares are the problem sounds right to me!  They've been doozies lately and the weirdness and timing seems right...The Carrington Event caused major electrical and blackout issues in 1859!

1 Like
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The Carrington Event caused major electrical and blackout issues in 1859!

There was no electricity in use in 1859.

The Carrington Event did cause fires in telegraph stations, though.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

The same thing happened to me yesterday.  Made me feel panicky at first.  Then I figured that clearing my cache, shutting down my browser, and restarting my computer might fix it since it fixes some of Etsy's other glitches, and voila, it worked.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yes, I had this happen all yesterday evening on my laptop.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.