CasaSerenity
Inspiration Seeker

$35 free shipping doesn't display in store

I've enabled $35 free shipping in my store, BUT it does not show up anywhere in my listings. There's no indication on the listing about free shipping over $35, or the section that says, "buy together, get free shipping". When I go to cart in incognito mode, I can see that free shipping is available for over $35, so I know that part works. I have another store, and it displays fine in all listings.

I've turned it off/on, waited for days, and still nothing. Any ideas?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: $35 free shipping doesn't display in store

I think it shows up in the shopping cart when they are ready to check out.  You could tell them about it in your Announcement section.

1 Like

your items are under $35, so it won't show free shipping on listings,

it will only be free shipping on the order, if they buy more than one

When someone adds it to their cart, they will see they get free shipping, if they buy x amount more

If you had a lower sales discount, so your items were over $35, you would see it on listings

3 Likes

Thank you for the help. I think when this first launched years ago, it was displayed on the shop page under the listings. I guess they do it this way now. Again, thank you for taking the time to help!

0 Likes
CasaSerenity
Inspiration Seeker

Actually, not quite true.

I have another store and it clearly states in several places on the listing about $35 over free shipping. And also, it states "buy together, get free shipping". I see this as well in other shops. I've tried everything, and can't figure it out. Very frustrating.

0 Likes

The same problem in my shop. I've tried everything. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it too.

0 Likes

@SpinCycleFabrics 

The free shipping for over $35, is per ORDER

if you have listings over $35, it will show on the listing,

If your listings are under $35, it won't show until you put it in your cart, where it will tell you how much more you have to order, for free shipping.

That's how it works

1 Like
SacredVisuals
Inspiration Seeker

!! I’ve been having the problem: I have the free-shipping guarantee $35+ orders BUT it keeps giving free shipping to people ordering items for literally $3… it just did it again this morning and I’ve gone through all the settings. What do I do?! I’m losing money on this and thinking I should just take off the free shipping setting but I know that will put me far down in the search results per Etsy. 

0 Likes

Yes, everything in your shop shows as free shipping. Do you have shipping profiles attached to those listings? If you don't attach a shipping cost, then it will default to free. 

1 Like

Good catch @audreytherese !

@SacredVisuals You probably don't want free shipping on everything without an order total of $35, do you? If not, you need to go up and link it to a shipping profile that doesn't have free shipping. If you have it set for free shipping over $35, if they reach that amount it will automatically override the profile with the free shipping. 

0 Likes

As @CraftyCornishMaids pointed out, it will not show under individual listings that are less than $35 because it is an order total offer. It will show that they can combine other items on the listing page to get free shipping. I simply added it to my shop announcement, although I am not sure people even read that. If it bothers you, you could add a statement on the listing description to make buyers aware of the offer. 

"Free domestic shipping for orders $35 or more."

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.