Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey you! I wanna get to know you!!!

If you are reading this, I would like to get to know you. Yes, YOU!!! Please take a couple minutes to introduce yourself to me, I would love to get to know you and hear about your creative journey into Etsy! I wrote below some things that came to mind while writing this forums post. I hope to learn a little bit about each one of you.

Suggested Questions:

Why did you start an Etsy shop?
Have you always lived in Vermont? If not where are you from?
What kinda of artwork are you drawn towards?
What kind of artwork do you sell on Etsy and why? *please only link one item! If you answer one of the other questions!!!** NO SPAM of items please **

I'll start off! I currently live near Stowe, VT. I work as a construction worker helper and shadow him for insights on how to become a carpenter. I just graduated from a University last May, and I look forward to moving on in life through my artwork and working with wood. I decided that I really wanted to pursue my love of creating artwork, so here I am!

Any kind of transition through life can be tough, and life draining at certain times, but art has never changed for me. It's been a solid constant that's been very relaxing for me. Which is the main reason why I create my artwork.

My inspiration to create has come from living in Vermont and being surrounded by its beauty. I hope to hear from each one of you.

Warm Wishes,
Hannah
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Hey you! I wanna get to know you!!!

I can't believe nobody has responded to this!
Hi. I'm Kelsey. Or Kelso. Or Kdog. Whatever.
My PIC on here is Sam.
We started Wallflower Wolves just as a creative outlet and we figured we might as well start to share our art (and make some $).
We have lived in Vermont since birth. We met in Vergennes in 2nd grade. I currently reside in Burlington and Sam in Rutland to stay close to school. I went for bio/chem and she's going for something like neuropsych.
I'm a certified pharmacy technician and she's a rock climbing/adventure ed sort of instructor.
I've always been inspired by nature and the beauty that I believe is enhanced by unique imperfections which are common in the natural world. Sick of strict guidelines of what is supposed to be beautiful and what is right/wrong when it comes to perception which is inherently subjective.
I've always enjoyed weird/dark art (Alex Pardee is a grand example) and macabre art interests me because it relates to nature. Anything psychedelic is also cool because it tends to break down that concept of objective perception/reality in a sense.
Thanks for sharing about yourself! I hope we can get more stories in this thread. What are teams for?
With love,
Kdog
Wallflower Wolves
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! I am rather new to Etsy. I opened my shop in 2015, but it's really only just started to take off. It's exciting and fun!

I am very much inspired by the people and landscapes of New England -- both country and city alike! Additionally, I am a Nurse, so I am also inspired by people I meet through my work as a medical professional. My art is a way for me to relax and allow me to be creative. I have always been an artist, no matter what else I am doing in life! I paint, using acrylics mostly, but other mediums, too. I paint fine art paintings, ornaments, vintage items... all kinds of things! Recently, I've begun working with PRINTS, turning my artwork into high-quality cards, stationiery, and giclee prints.

I live in Rutland with my husband, two dogs, and three cats. All of our pets are rescues. A portion of all Purpleheart Art, Vermont proceeds supports my local Rutland County Humane Society, as well as Operation Homefront (my grandfather was a veteran). So in addition to functioning as a creative outlet, my artwork allows me to give back!

Ideally, I'd love the shop to grow to the point that I am able to work BOTH as a Nurse AND an artist, equally. I've a ways to go yet but I am very committed!

Please feel free to visit my shop and I'd love to hear your feedback (both good and not-so-good) as I truly trust the suggestions and insights offered by other Etsy shop owners.

Thanks for the chance to reach out and say "hello"!!! Happy creating and happy selling!

Best Wishes,
Heather Cable,
Purpleheart Art, Vermont
0 Likes

0 Likes
CeciLeibovitz
Inspiration Seeker

I love this idea Hannah! Hello everyone. My Etsy shop was very different when I first started it in 2014. It focused first on my millinery work (hats) and I didn't really have any luck selling those. I'd had a lot of handmade marketing experience with a children's gift business I ran for 10 years, but no clue how to sell hats. I shifted to selling antique and vintage supplies (mostly lace and buttons). I did pretty well with those. In the meantime I realized I had a passion for embroidery and so I worked to get better at it and developed a line of jewelry. That's where my focus is now and I absolutely love it!

I was born in Haifa, Israel, grew up in Brooklyn and Queens, NY from the age of 3. I currently live in Craftsbury and moved to Vermont 20 years ago.

Now I'm going to read your stories. Nice to see some activity here! :-)

0 Likes

Hi! I live in Johnson, VT, where I have a business making and selling quilts. I have been a quilter for over 30 years. Quilting is pretty much my life. I love it! I hand quilt and machine quilt, but do all the work myself. At this time of my life I do what I enjoy, so that means no special orders. :) There is a lot of competition on Etsy, but I do get a sale from time to time. I tried a few years ago, but decided to try again and put more effort into it. As I have shut down my website, Etsy is my main venue for selling my quilted items. I've enjoyed reading about the other artists who replied and visiting your shops. Good luck with your venture!
0 Likes

Hi Hannah! I am enjoying reading everyones responses!

I live in Vernon and I have been on Etsy since 2011. I'm a painter and graphic designer and I am always trying to find ways to market my paintings in different forms. At the moment, my Etsy site is dedicated to cards with images on my paintings on them.

My paintings focus on the magic that surrounds us in nature. I'm painting plants as I come to know them and what gifts they each bring to the earth.

Nice to meet you all!

0 Likes
JumasJoy
Registered Buyer

Hi,
I’m Sara and I started my Etsy shop because I was making toys for my dog Juma and knitting catnip toys for my cats and decided to share them. We lived in Brattleboro at the time (I have spent most of my life there, with a hiatus for college in D.C. and a year in Marlboro). A few years ago we moved back up to the corner of Marlboro, Halifax and Wilmington. Dirt roads, tons of snow, hiking where we don’t see another human and so many beautiful wild animals - a piece of Vermont heaven. I love the serenity found in places like VT and Maine. The natural beauty around me is incredibly healing while it invigorates me and inspires me.
Jumasjoy.com
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.