WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!

It has been hard to advertise this team..as not many want to share their age... But...we are who we are..why not celebrate it together? Hey..teammies..we are growing again!!!! We really have lots in common... Iam so happy we found each other..........Suzanne
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
26 Replies

Re: WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!

I'm glad you posted in the forums with your team info. I look forward to being a part of this group of sellers that have a lot in common. I work with a lot of girls that when I mention something from my past they say that was before they were born. I just laugh and feel sorry for them missing out on such a great time to grow up.
2 Likes

Thanks for posting about this team in the forums. I never would have thought to look for an age-based team!
0 Likes

Hi everyone! So happy to be part of a group! I have 2 shops on Etsy ... one is a vintage clothing shop (I remember wearing some of those clothes ... does that make me vintage?!?). I also have another shop LoveTreasuresCrafts.etsy.com where I sell vintage & upcyled jewelry housewares & more. I have only been selling on Etsy for a year. Thanks for the invite & welcome to all other new members!
1 Like

Yes, so happy I found this cool team in the forums. Brilliant idea!
Hooray for us!!!
1 Like

Finding this team made my day.
0 Likes

Hello all and Thanks for the invite in the Forums. I also remember the good old days -- but I am having lots of Fun on Etsy since I opened my Shop May 2016. This is my first team membership -- so if anyone wants to throw me a few pointers -- I would be glad to participate. Wishing you all a great and successful 2018!
2 Likes

I love the idea of and age based team! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
1 Like

Hi Barbara and welcome to the group! I have only been here a few days myself, but the folks are super!

By the way...Over 20,000 sales is SMASHING--wherever you sell! Love your shop!

1 Like
byLaurieB
Conversation Maker

So glad I found this team in the forum - Happy and prosperous New Year everyone.
1 Like

A hearty welcome to all the new members! We're glad you are here!
1 Like

Thanks to Cindi, I found the forum! One reply to my original post was about how such a group would only talk about their poor health and other negative and sad issues! That REALLY motivated me to find this "older and wiser" group of sellers!

Would love to hear the about everyone's primary motivation for still working online at this later stage of life.

(<:) Candy

3 Likes
Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

I joined when I saw the link. Hello to everyone. Hope life is good.

1 Like

I saw that comment tonite on the forum...haha what a hoot. We would be a sad team indeed if that's all we had to talk about! 

2 Likes

It's very nice to be here amongst my peers.  I'm glad to see others in our age group still believing that they have something of value to share with the world.  I really have enjoyed my Etsy adventure and the financial help it gives to my husband and I living on a fixed income.  What a great idea for a team!

3 Likes

What an incredibly delicious shop you have! Those pastels really soothe the soul!

You must really enjoy making all of these sugary treasures.

2 Likes

Hello, just saw the link in the forums. This team is a great idea, good to be with peeps from my generation :)

2 Likes

Hello to all...I just joined tonight & I don't mind telling my age...67. I've been selling online a long time. I have 2 shops...one for vintage finds, and the other I sell Square Dance & Western clothes & accessories. I used to be a Square Dancer, so I'm getting rid of all mine & my friend's stuff. Square dancing has changed in the last several years...not as many people interested in wearing the big circle skirts with the even bigger petticoats. I think they're pretty & really enjoyed wearing mine. I still sell them though, so somebody is wearing them. 

3 Likes

So glad that negative post didn't scare anyone away from the group! 

I was the one who went searching a few days ago for it...Knew there MUST be a gathering place for the "older and wiser" of us...(<:)

I am turning 74 next month....Geezzzzzzzzzz that sounds old as dirt doesn't it?

Selling square dance  clothes sounds like such fun! I'll bet there are lots of wonderful memories attached to those.

Just like the great shows I use to do...I loved meeting the people and sharing my work...but I do believe there really IS a season for all things.

Hope you all have a super new week! Candy

2 Likes

Thank you Candy! Gee 74 isn't old! My hubby is 78 & he's younger than ever! 

3 Likes

How blessed we are Southern!

My husband will be 80 in May and still goes to the gym three times a week and takes the Grandson on his Boy Scout camping trips.

Share my favorite quote with him today:

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet."

3 Likes
Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

@Texaswoman@VintageSouthernPicks  Keep talking ladies, you're making me feel good.

Mind you, I do pull out the "age" card, when I want to get out of doing something. ; )

3 Likes

@Teddyrose54Oh yes, I've done that a few times myself! Another thing I love about "old age," I can really be myself without worrying so much about what other people think.

1 Like
Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

64 by the way, and still going strong. In fact stronger than ever.

2 Likes

@TexaswomanI'm glad I'm Southern yes! Hubby & I go to the gym regularly...we're hoping it'll stave off "old age" a little quicker, LOL. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.