This team was created with the hopes of providing a positive active environment of artist that live in Southern California and their supporters. (However, you are not required to live in Southern California)

We hope everyone will participate and help contribute to the community we are hoping to develop. We all have more things in common than we may know. We want everyone to feel comfortable sharing information and experiences that may help each other. Please leave all negative attitudes at the door.

Please DO NOT open new threads. Most topics already have threads existing. We would like to maintain an organized discussion board to make it easy for everyone to navigate. If there is something you wish to discuss or would like to post please feel free to ask the captain or a team leader. If there is already a team discussion pertaining to your topic we will direct you to it. If not we will be happy to start a new thread for you. But please do not start new threads.

All comments, discussions, and suggestions are welcome! This team was created for everyone! So, please take an active part in developing it. We have great plans for this team and hope to see everyone succeed!!!
Please feel to introduce yourself here or post any suggestions, comments, constructive criticisms, and ideas for team events, team meetings, or anything else that can benefit the development of the team. We welcome all ideas!

Thanks for joining and we wish you all the best!!!

Re: WELCOME TO THE TEAM!!! TEAM INTRODUCTION

Hi all! I am Alankar and I own Spectrakraft (https://www.etsy.com/shop/Spectrakraft)

I specialize in handmade jewelry. Every finished piece in my shop has been carefully handcrafted by me. The majority of these pieces is OOAK. In recent months, I began working with Tibetan refugees in India and Nepal and tribal communities in India to sell their indigenous, traditional, and ethnic beads. I've really grown to love their work.
I'm very new to the vending sphere having done only two craft shows so far. I'm hoping to be involved in many more.
I'm delighted to be a part of this group. I look forward to networking with everyone! Warm wishes!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I'm Jade and I'm a henna artist in the Inland Empire. I am Cutthroat Henna www.etsy.com/shop/CutthroatHennaArt
I've been doing this as a hobby for many years but am now looking to make it more of a career. I hope to start doing more events and getting my art out into the world. I hope to meet some of you soon!
0 Likes

Hello, my name is Bridgette. My mom Victoria and I are a team of crafters. Our mutual love of music, art and cinema inspired us to merge our talents together and share our handmade creations with all of you. Our creative journey started in San Francisco where my mother was born, she began designing cool clothing as a teenager. As a youth of the 1960's she also found solace in the experimental sounds of the time and expressed her creativity through the art of collage. I was born in Los Angeles and as a descendent of the youth movement, I naturally gravitated towards the music and pop culture of my mothers generation. As a child I began drawing and painting which has led me to evolve into a freelance artist. Art is more to me than amusement for the eyes, It's a way of life.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone! My name is Alejandra Carranza from Guilindujes Shop, handmade jewelry. I will participate on my first event Aug. 1st. I hope to learn a lot from all of you. Im exited to experience the local craft art scene.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

😊So nice to join the crafting community of SoCal!
If anyone would like a booth partner in L.A. for an event, I would love to chat about it and potentially partner up. I'm still newish in town, but I have done a good bit of fairs in other cities!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week! ✌️❤️🌵Tomiina
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Everyone!

I'm Julie from the Burbank/Glendale area, and I'm very excited to have found this team. I make jewelry - whatever strikes my fancy, but I'm particularly fond of moonstones and turquoise. I'm looking forward to participating in the discussions and hopefully checking out some local events!

Julie
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Team!

First post and thank you for the invite. Still semi-new to etsy but have had some sales.

Never have been to local art/craft shows yet but interested in going now.

Very open to teaming up with some of you and helping each other grow our shops.

Thank you for the invite again!
0 Likes

Hey Guys this one's not a listing but I found out that I'm a Finalist for Martha Stewarts 2015 American Made Awards in Design for Textiles! It would be cool if you could help me get the word out. I'm just a one woman show, employee of me, but I'm up against some big fish. Voting starts September 21st!

http://www.marthastewart.com/americanmade/nominee/134853/design/michaela-whitney
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I'm Hana from Jollyholoday :) Thank you for adding me to this team! I'm very excited!

I've been on Etsy for 2 years, but I was always busy with daytime job and couldn't put enough effort into my shop. So, I consider myself still new to here. haha

I'm very looking forward to exploring what other people are doing here!

0 Likes
PineTreeRoadSoap
Inspiration Seeker

Hi there! I just joined the group...thank you! I own a small soap shop in Ocean Beach (coastal San Diego) and sell my wares here in my Etsy shop as well. I can't wait to learn more about this group and hopefully get more involved:)
0 Likes

Thank You for the add. I 've had my etsy shop on hold since 2011 but just started selling here in September. I have been selling online and in person since 2009. You can find me at www.etsy.com/DelilahRaeDesigns .
I sell vintage inspired handbags and other wares.

Just added this sweetie today.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/250724164/messenger-shoulder-bag-tote-lock-and-key?ref=shop_home_active...
0 Likes

Hello Team,
I have been selling on Etsy for almost 1 whole year :) I have absolutely loved the experience there are so many great people on here to help. I think joining this team will help me learn even more. I have only done 1 craft show and will be doing my second one this weekend. I really look forward to meeting some people at one of the markets that are promoted here. Best wishes to the whole team.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hii!! My name is S.J. and I am new to SoCal and etsy. I have been very successful selling my handmade goods via markets, art shows, and custom wholesale orders, and I finally got into trying Etsy. I do my art business full time while I am also studying. I am excited to meet other makers near me!
0 Likes

Hi!

I'm Catherine and I live in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Eagle Rock. I found you (or you guys found me!) on Instagram. I LOVE what you guys are doing! I look forward to getting to know you all and participating both here and (hopefully) IRL as well!

Thankyou so much for having me!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you for adding me to the SoCal team.
My name is Natasha and my Etsy shop opened in Dec 2015 so I'm fairly new here. I have a background in fashion and sewing. Lucky Fit is a shop I started in order to share my love of handmade quality clothing with other women. I look forward to participating at one of your gatherings!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Excited to be part of this SOCAL team and an active one at that! I am looking forward to participating in discussions and seeing what everyone in this beautiful area is doing!

I started my shop this month and am working on adding more as we speak! My shop currently consists of naturally dyed 100% silk scarves, but will be adding clothing soon! All dye sources come from the produce and spice section of my local markets! Feel free to check out my shop, I am always looking to learn from experienced etsy sellers!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/386797596/silk-scarf-yellow-large-scarf-fringe?ref=shop_home_active_6
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've had a shop before but I just opened a new shop that will specialize in cute and functional baby gear! I live in a tough town, not exactly known for unique, cute things but it's still possible!This is such a proactive team, I can't wait to get started!
0 Likes

Hi, I Just Joined the team and really excited that I found you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi all!

New team member and new Etsy member. It's great to be a part of the team and the Etsy community overall. I hope to be very active within the team and I look forward to future events.

Cheers!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you so much for approving my application for this awesome team! Looking forward to learning from all of my fabulous fellow crafters. 💜Char AmericanPlanet.etsy.com Handcrafted Eco-friendly fashions for the 18 inch doll.
0 Likes
DeetabyDesign
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you so much for the add!
0 Likes

Thank you so much for the add... I found you guys on Eventbrite and am excited to participate! Looking forward to checking out our vendor event in Santa Ana this weekend!
0 Likes

Hello there. Thanks for the invite. Took me a while to figure out how to accept through mobile view. I'm glad to be here.

My shop consists of crochet beanies (disney themed, cancer awareness and basic beanies), coffee cozies (disney themed and cupcake), mini fascinator hats, (Minnie & Mickey Mouse themed), fruit potholders, a few blankets and some amigurumi stuffed animals.

Everything's hand made by me with lots of love. It started as my own personal collection of hats and branched out when others started asking me to make them certain items.

As for myself, I'm a cake decorator by day, etsy shop owner by night and Disney annual Passholder on days off.

See you guys around... Back to work.
-Danielle, CuteCreationsByDany
0 Likes

So glad to join you all. Thanks for the add!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Looks like a great group! Thanks for the add!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.