Former_Member
Not applicable

Pattern - Are you in?

Hi Team! Etsy is introducing pattern - which gives you a direct web site to go with your etsy shop. It's free for 30 days, then 15 a month.

Im not sure I want to pay $15 a month for a hobby shop website - but at the same time it sounds super cool.

I messaged them to see if we could add services to our site (because I sell writing services in my site already).

What do you think about it?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Pattern - Are you in?

I have actually just been reading and reading about that. Reviews and how it differs from other sites and how it differs from etsy in general. It has mixed reviews and still not much long term info about it since its so new.

I'm pretty on the fence with this one. Also I really only have basic computer skills so the choice to try it gives me pause because of that as well. I think I'm gonna hang back on using it for now just to wait and see if after a while how well it works and base my decision on that and then once I know how I feel about it I will act accordingly.

0 Likes

The issue I have is that we have our "own" website, but we still have to lock in on Etsy's rules. We still don't have complete control of our shop.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You are correct BennBoo - it is another Etsy tool.

To have complete control, you need your own site with your own host - but then you don't get any of the support. I have a standalone site www.metzlislight.com and I don't get as much traffic as I do here BUT 50% of customers who visit me, make a purchase. I believe it's because Etsy brings me eyes, but my site caters to customers I already have.

What I do like about Etsy tools is that they are designed to get people to buy - Etsy wants to help me get sales and I appreciate that.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.