Former_Member
Not applicable

#MissionTwo - May Flowers CONTEST DETAILS!!!

#OperationSnailMail is still in full swing, #MissionTwo is ready for action.

For #MissionTwo we will be filling the post office with May Flowers! There are many ways for us to mail flowers, we can crochet some and include them in a greeting card, we can send postcards with hand painted petals, and we can decorate envelopes we send out with beautiful flower stickers. We could even mail actual flowers, since it is May and Mother's Day is a flower filled day already. Who am I kidding right, your Mail Artist Mind just blew up with ideas better than mine, right ;)

Our lovely Team Leader JA has generously offered 3 different prizes to give away to participants. We will have a point system, so the three participants with the most points can win one of these hand made goodies:

Prize One - Two scratchpad journals, pencil set, lightingwood/etched pencil holder, Forged polished letter opener

Prize Two - Sheets if recycled paper made paper, Handmade scented tealights, and a reclaimed wooden box shelf/display

Prize Three - Small handmade mini whale box and not pictured I will include a coupon code for my shop of $8 over anything that costs over $8

Here is how to earn points.

1 Point for Every Flower You Mail and Tell us about in this thread.

5 Points for Every Picture you post on social media featuring your May Flower. Must be #operationsnailmail #mayflowers ; please make sure to share the link here

25 Points for any blog post you may write that relates to this May Flowers Contest.

Have fun!

#MayFlowers
#OperationSnailMail
#MissionTwo

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
41 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: #MissionTwo - May Flowers CONTEST DETAILS!!!

Guess who thought they were all set to win the #MayFlowers Challenge because she thought she had beautiful vintage stationary, decorated with roses on it?

Guess who's roses ended up being butterflies?

LOL.

I still have rose washi tape ;)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Today I mailed out 5 #mayflowers.

-Valley (Team Leader)
-JA (Team Leader)
- Barbi (Team Member)
- M (Niece)
-Gigi (Niece)

You can see some pictures in my shop updates. I also pinned and tumbled, and ill share those links later :)
0 Likes

Flowers for me? :) :) :) ... I haven't even had time to write back to your last letter yet!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I hope I didn't make it sound too fancy!!!

(*gets sheepish)

0 Likes

I don't do social media, and my blog is non existent, but I would still like to mail some flowers and not be in the contest. Is that possible?
If so, just let me know what to do/addresses.
Thx!!!

Sharon
0 Likes

BennBoo, you can send me flowers! :) Convo me for the address if you want to.

I really want one of those prizes... but don't know if I have time to send (and post about) flowers this week.... :(
0 Likes

Convo'd you, Valley!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey Valley! This is for THE WHOLE MONTH.

I also added the "tell us about it" option, so those of us who want to spend our time Snail Mailing instead of picturing and posting can participate too!
0 Likes

Okay, I couldn't resist joining. Three points please! I just added the "May flowers" theme to my previous commitments/activities. I hand-drew flowers (daffodils, my favorite) on two care packages that were mailed off this morning to US Soldiers we support. I also did up one of my mail subscriptions (through my shop) in a flower theme.
0 Likes

Pinned a picture on the team board. Actually, I pinned it THREE times, because each time I tried, a blank box would show up, with no picture, just my caption... I finally tried a different browser, pinned to a different board, then repinned to the team board. Then they all showed up! I had to delete the multiples. Good grief. I really had to work hard for that contest entry! lol
Link: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/495184921510297195/
0 Likes

Three more packages going out, full of May flowers! One for a Navy sailor (flowery birthday wrapping paper on his gifts, courtesy of my little girl who wrapped them, LOL), one for my nieces, and one for a customer.

Here's a link to one more pic.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/495184921510304990/
0 Likes

Also, I received my flowery letter from Metzli today! Gorgeous stationery!
0 Likes

Two more flurries of flowers going out today: fun pink floral papers to Texas, and pictures for old friends in Colorado, with forget-me-nots stamped here and there.
0 Likes

0 Likes

In my Bob Barker voice, "Valley, the Alaskan....YOU are the next contestant on WIN THE MAY FLOWER PRIZE!"

In my mean, crusty, ol' lady voice, ...."bennboo....you ARE the weakest link."
GOODBYE!

0 Likes

LOL!! :D
0 Likes

I ended up finishing a couple of my urgent things to do this week faster than I thought, so I'm finding lots of time to send out flowers after all. I really want that first prize! Several of my family members have really gotten excited about metal forging, so the letter opener would be a popular item around here... I would use it constantly; the hubby and older kids would just want to examine it and talk about it. Plus, the pencils and journals- I'm a writer at heart, so I need those, I tell ya!

So, three pretty flowery postcards ready to go tomorrow: to Sarah in MN, Monz in FL, and Cierra in CA.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Valley - you are awesome!

This is totally what I pictured with this contest. Us adding beautiful flowers to what we already do. I love knowing that bouquets are going out!
0 Likes

I'm having so much fun with this. Add two more packages to the tally, and here's a picture:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/495184921510316556/
Is it okay if I'm pinning to the group board? I can pin to my personal snail mail board instead, if using the group board doesn't count. ??
0 Likes

Got two more off this morning, going to NY and PA. I only took a picture of this one:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/495184921510320263/
0 Likes

Three more May flowers letters off to our sailors today. My favorite envelope was the one I made from Hawaiian print flowered paper. I hope it makes his day!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Wow Valley - you sure do send out lots of mail!!!

I'm sure the Sailors appreciate the time you spend writing and having them in your thoughts.

I'm part of an organization that writes to what we call Prisoners of War for the United States' War on Drugs. At first I thought the title was exaggerated and over political in nature - but over time, I have found that there really are people whose punishment does not fit the crime. One example is the man who was sentenced to 13 years in prison for having two marijuana cigarettes (less than $20 dollars worth). He did have a previous criminal record - for petty theft and vandalism.

I have learned to let go of the right and wrongness of who I'm writing to and why they are there - and concentrate more on being a connection to the outside. It's kind of fun keeping my PenPals in the loop as far as movies, trends, social media trends and other things I tend to take for granted.
0 Likes

3 more!
Photos to my Godmother, a letter to our new adopted Soldier (the first one is home now- yay!), and one going to a schoolgirl in my hometown- a miniature streetlamp for her Narnia project, packaged in flowery paper.

#MayFlowers :)
0 Likes

Finally got around to posting on our blog as well:
http://northstarcrafts.com/flurries-of-may-flowers/

I haven't done anything there for awhile. Still haven't figured out how it all works, but I hope to do more and get comfortable with it this summer.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.