MainelyMae
Inspiration Seeker

Views

Good morning, I am a sign maker from northern Maine. I saw this team and enjoyed reading past posts. I have been making crafts most of my life and got into signs in the last 5 years. I really enjoy it. I am new to Etsy. I am not getting many views. If anyone has time would they take a look and see if there is anything they would suggest I do differently? I have been researching and trying to use my tags appropriately to try to drive views but haven't had a lot success. I have made two sales which I am happy about. I am going to try listing everyday for awhile as I read that is beneficial. Maybe I just need to be patient. My goal is to eventually have 100 signs listed. Would love anyone's feedback on way I could improve! Have a great day everyone!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Views

You should use all 4 of your featured listings. Right now it only shows 1. It shows your shop opened in 2011 though?

I saw that one of your signs didn't have a size listed anywhere on it. I think it was your oldest post. It looks like you have made 21 sales in the last month since this post so that is much better than me. You must be doing something right. :)

0 Likes
MainelyMae
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you, yes I have started to pick up sales and am so pleased about that! I know I have a lot to learn about SEO and such. I did open in 2011 and then because of family situations didn't persue it further. I wish I could change that date but have added in my info that I just began selling again recently. I hope that gives buyers more confidence. I am still waiting for my first feedback though! I have received personal notes thanking me and expressing they have loved their signs but no one has left an actual review yet.
0 Likes

I get the date thing. It says I joined in Jan-2013 and I guess I did but I didn't touch my account again until Nov when I finally figured things out and opened my shop LOL

I send a note to all of my customers after a couple of weeks asking if they received their item and if it was what they expected. I also ask them to please leave me a review and once the review is complete I send them a coupon code for future use if they choose to purchase from me again.

I get good response from that and I have also learned that most people do not know how to leave a review because a lot ask me where and how they do it.
0 Likes

The only other thing is to do research on your competitors prices. I know that some people would rather sell for less and make more sales but Etsy has an entire guide on pricing to make sure you are doing it right. They give suggestions and ways for you to figure your pricing. It all depends on the customer but if prices are too low you may get passed over because they think that the item isn't worth much. I have battled with pricing for the last year and a half and it seems like a never ending question on am I too high or too low.....

**** one last thing. The more items you have in your shop the greater the chance of your shop being seen. These are just tips that I have gotten from other Etsy sellers :)
0 Likes
MainelyMae
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you, and I agree. My goal is to have 100 plus items in my store soon!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! You have some really nice signs! As Nicole said, I would definitely make sure there are at least 4 listings featured at all times so its full when people look at your shop! Also maybe write something on your storefront to introduce yourself or say your production time. Maybe in your listings say something about whether or not you use paint or vinyl for your lettering? Your prices are very good, and your designs are so cute!! Do you use stencils if you don't use vinyl? Your signs look amazing!
0 Likes
MainelyMae
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you both for the advice! I am not sure how to "feature" an item! Honestly I don't know how I featured the first one! And do buyers see these featured items first? Sorry but I am still learning so much! I do work from stencils Jackie and therefore are painted. Thank you for your kind words about my work! I yet to have anyone leave feedback also. I have gotten private messages letting me know they like their signs but feel I would perhaps get more sales if I had some feedback for buyers to see. I am sure it will come if I am patient.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.