MainelyMae
Inspiration Seeker

Just wondering......

HI there. I have been active here for less than 1 yr. I have my items built up to 119 and my goal is closer to 150. Those of you who have reached this goal and beyond did you notice a rise in sales after a certain bench mark? I am also not sure I am getting tags and titles correctly in order to be found in search engines. I don't mind any advice you have to give on ways I could improve! Thank you in advance!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Just wondering......

Yeah I was wondering about tags as well. I'm not sure if we're supposed to put in longer tags or just ones with only one word. Can anybody help me?
0 Likes

From what I've read (and please just take it or leave it, my shop has only been open since Friday!) you need tags with more than one word. Try to think of ways your customer will search for your product. I also read that the title of your item should be a tag. But I think the most important thing to remember is to think like a customer.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

shenamjenkins Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
0 Likes

Hope it helps! Like I said, I'm very new...but I read a lot!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've been with Etsy for over two years. I don't think I will ever have over 100 items in product, so can't answer that question.
As for tags, I too have read that short phrases are better than single words. When I started out and wasn't sure about tags, I looked at the tags of my competitors, especially those that seemed to be doing well. If they had a tag that would work for me, I used it. I also searched for my items by doing an Etsy search, using words I thought people would use to find my items. If nothing showed up in the first ten pages, I tried to fix my title, description and tags. They all work together.
Good luck to all of you!
BC
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've been with Etsy for 4 years now, and using tags I just say the name of the sign, what it is, and other things that a customer might put in the "search" title. I noticed that on my Etsy stats, most of my signs are bought from the title of the sign such as "I love you to the moon and back", so I will use that as a tag, along with wood sign, handmade, and others. :)
0 Likes
SignCreation
Inspiration Seeker

HI fellow Etsians:) I have been on Etsy for over 4 years now and have been a leader in another Sign group. I have learned a lot through them. My store now carries 147 items and I want to get up to 500 or more. Yes the more you have the more you get noticed.

As for Tags. Etsy allows up to 20 characters per tag and 13 tags for each listing. Yes it is wise to add more than 2 word in the tags. I use things like " Hand painted signs" or "Family Plaques" "wooden signs" etc. I also use what the sign is made from such as : color, genre, material, etc. Always put what material you use in the overview section.

Another important way to get noticed is with the shop announcement under your shop banner. The first 60 characters are the most important as they are what is seen first by a potential customer on the SEO's such as google or yahoo. These also use your tags so you can be found in the cyber world. Try to make the first statement as close to what you sell as possible as you only have approx 8 seconds to get the buyers attention.

mine reads:

Original Signs, Plaques and Wood Art for all Occasions and Decor. We do Customized Carved Signs, Cutout signs, Hand-painted Signs and Decoupaged Signs created just for you...

then after that put any other comments about your shop you want and then your social media addresses and info.

If anyone wants a "gentle critique" of their store convo me as I have been helping others to get some of the kinks out. And I have in turn learned a lot from my fellow Etsians

Good Luck and Great Sales!!!

Linda
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.