Question about shopify "collectins"

I am trying to set up my shopify site - and have created "collections" and added items to them - but they do not show on my shop page. I thought they would be like Etsy "sections" but how do I get them to show?
I am not tech smart -and this is a serious learning curve for me.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Question about shopify "collectins"

I know there must be an easy way to do this. Is it just that the "theme" I picked?
0 Likes

Hmmm - guess no one is on here today. I tried to go to the shopify forums - but it redirected me to something else and I could not seem to find a way to post a question.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Wendy, I had trouble with this too and somehow I managed to get it to work. You have to go to the navigations page, then main menu. From there I have the drop downs. For example.....one of mine is locket necklaces then under the link drop down collection then another drop down locket necklaces. I also added pages and would select under the link drop down pages, then on the last drop down whatever page it is called.....for example.....about us, policies, FAQ, etc. Hope this helps! It took me quite a while to figure out.
0 Likes

Wenda, I haven't done it yet, but am told that you have to link (somehow) each collection from, I think, the Navigation page. Did you try Shopify's Chat? They're supposed to be pretty responsive.

Empathizing deeply with you; my "techie" abilities extend only to my sewing machines and, occasionally, my Nikon (when forced!).
0 Likes

Hi Wenda,
After creating a collection, you need to create a link to that collection in the Navigation settings.
• Go to Online store / Navigation
• Choose which menu you want your Collection to appear in.
• Click "Add menu item" and give the link a name.
• Select "Collection" from the "Link" drop down menu.
• Select the collection you wish to link to.
• Click "Save menu"

Drop down menus can also be created in the Navigation settings. Please let me know if you need help setting up a drop down menu. I'm very happy to help :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.