Etsify App for Shopify or CSV file

Hi everyone - This is Lisa - Alexandra's shop manager - WeI decided today to create a Shopify account. Presently we are in what is called Developer Mode for as long as it takes and we don't have to use the 14 day trial. We can test all the apps until we are ready to go live. It is now time for us to transfer our data from Etsy over.

Has anyone used the Etsify App? The developer is very nice and has been trying to help me. Because I am in developer mode, might be the reason I cannot use the app. He is checking on this for me. When I type in my Shopify account and password to load the app it is saying invalid. I really do not want to use the CSV file system. I do realize that I will have to adjust all of my Titles, work on my Descriptions and pretty much delete the tags no matter which app or upload I use.

I would love to know if you have any other recommendations or suggestions.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Etsify App for Shopify or CSV file

Hi Lisa.

When you first join Shopify, you should receive an email from their onboarding team to answer questions on getting started. If so, they would be able to apply any discount to your account. I can check with my contact at Shopify and inquire. If your developer setup the account, that may be why you did not receive the email from onboarding.

Brett
0 Likes

Also, Lisa, there are certain apps that will work when in development mode, but I don't see Etsify in the list. Although, it is a free app.

I have 3 Shopify stores and am also a Shopify Partner if you have any other questions.

Good luck.
0 Likes

Thank you Brett for the information. I am not sure I received any information from Shopify re: on boarding. My staff developer with The Drawing Board has been extremely helpful and a wealth of information on Etsy and Shopify. By the way, I ended up using the Etsify app. Nimo the developer of the app is most helpful. I will check with Shopify and see if I could get some sort of discount. That would be cool for the first year. We already have a stand alone website but it is not e-commerce friendly so we thought as long as we are paying all these fees to maintain it we may as well create a new e-store and try to bring in some revenue. We still love and will use Etsy as our main source.
0 Likes

Hi Lisa, I started my Shopify store mid October - and used the trial version of Etsify - getting 5 free listings (I think that's what it was). It worked fine, but found that entering in my listings individually worked better for me because I wanted them to be different from here - and many needed to be reworded anyway. I also have many items in my shop and would have been overwhelmed with so many all at once (although I know there are controls to turn them on and off).

Good luck to you!! By the way - Shopify support is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! They will answer the phone 24/7 and stay on with you for however long is needed - minutes to over an hour - and stay sweet, kind & patient the entire time!!

0 Likes

Lisa you are so right - Shopify staff is amazing. Thank you for your input. I have everything ready to go but a couple minor tweaks. A few minutes ago I was ready to test my checkout and put it in user mode and followed all the instructions but I got an Oops message. So I sent Shopify a message asking for help to clear that up.

When you get an order, does Shopify automatically send out a notice to the buyer like Etsy does ? Is this something where we can customize the wording? I just don't want to assume everything will work like Etsy. I know that building a site might require me to add more apps to do certain tasks. I am presently using the Rewind app for a back up. If you have any suggestions on apps that have been really helpful, I would appreciate your suggestions. Happy Holidays!
0 Likes

Rewind is the best app to use. There are numerous notifications that can be customized, and those are found in <Settings><Notifications>.

I use different apps on the various stores. Bold Commerce has several that provide for more variations. The apps will also be dependent on the Theme you use. I use Out of The Sandbox themes on a couple of stores that have a lot of functionality without suffering from App-Creep. Main reason for moving from WooCommerce...
0 Likes

Thank you Brett - this is most helpful. I can't wait to get the store open.
0 Likes

Alexandra, YES, I get a notification from Shopify immediately that I got a sale - faster than I get from Etsy! :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.