Former_Member
Not applicable

my shop critique

Hi,

Fairly new to Etsy. I want to start by saying that I'm currently in the process or adding a lot more items. I realize I need to do this to increase visibility and sales.

I would like some critiques and honest opinions about my shop, pricing and photos.

Thanks so much,
Mary
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: my shop critique

Your necklaces are beautiful and congratulations on already having a sale for being such a new shop!

The biggest thing that I can see that might need some adjusting is the photos. Some of the backgrounds are a little distracting and the hard shadow makes it a little difficult for the beauty of the necklace to really stand out. I would suggest getting as close to a bright window as possible (but one without direct sunlight) and turning off the flash. Product photography can be a real challenge, but keep working at it an experiment a lot with angles, lighting and backgrounds. The main goal you want for your photos is for your items to really stand out. Also, be sure to use the best photo you have for the main listing photo (like for the berry necklace, I would use the second photo you have rather than the one shown) And avoid using 2 photos that are nearly identical. Showing the different angels is great, though!

I'm not a huge jewelry purchaser, but prices look good to me. :)
0 Likes

I agree with the post on top your photos need to be lighter. I would use photoshop or pic monkey is one of my favorites.
Hope you have success - Abi
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate you taking the time. I will work on my photos using your tips.
Regards,
Mary
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.