Former_Member
Not applicable

critique please

I am still working on adding more items and my bio so I know those need work. Any feedback aside from those items would be appreciated. Especially titles and tags, I haven't been open long so I don't expect much but of all the views only one was a keyword search that was "animal coasters " also I am wondering if i should include a picture of me making the lights?

Thanks Chris

https://www.etsy.com/shop/chriscullersdesign?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: critique please

These wooden bulbs are AMAZING! I mean gorgeous!!! Great photos too.

I would work on your description a little....just basic punctuation and wording, etc...

"Home decor" is such a common well used phrase. You might could use it in your title?

Will you be making personalized items? Such as coasters with names on them, etc? If so, I would be sure to state that in the description. For example, I may not be interested in an alphabet coaster set but might be intrigued about designing my own if I came across your listing.

Yes! I totally think using a pic of you making the lights is a GREAT idea! Do it!:)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/268404687/wooden-light-bulb-14?ref=shop_home_active_1
0 Likes

Hi Chris,

Cool shop! I think your photos look okay, although they could use brightening up a bit, and you should really be using all 5 photos. You could add a shot of the backs of your coasters, for instance, and maybe one with a standard-sized glass or mug so people can get a sense of scale. Your lights could do with a photo in bright lighting as well, for better detail.

You need to make better use of your tags and titles. These are the primary way most items get found (via search), so to be competitive, you really need to understand how customers search for things and tune your tags to that. Most people, even if they start off with a single-word search, will end up refining their search to a short phrase. The particular phrase will depend on the person, of course, but there are some good bets for common search phrases, like "cork coaster", "typography art", "drink coasters" and such. You can get creative with the tags once you run out of obvious ones, but make sure every single tag is a phrase, not a single word. The reason for this is that when a customer types "coaster" into the search bar, that matches both "drink coaster" and "coaster" equally well, but if the customer types in "drink coaster", that's going to be a far stronger match for "drink coaster" than for just "coaster". It's always best to use phrases! Make sure you use those same phrases in your titles as well, because search relevancy depends on both of these areas.
0 Likes

Hi Chris,

Here's some points I found

- Add shop sections when you have more stock.

- Try to take 5 photos for every listing, or at least more than one. Your bulb photos look awesome but the coaster ones are a little dark and a couple are blury. I like the idea of a cup of coffee or a glass of wine on one of your coasters on a side table or with a set dinner table (an "in use" pic).

- On your white coasters the description says black acrylic but the photo and title are white (maybe just a mistake?)

- Try not to use single tags. Join them together to make groups of words people might search for. A single word like white is something no one will search for...if they did they would be hit with thousands of listings. Use tags like where they'd be used, who would buy them, processes, descriptions. Also always use all 13 tags...they are there to be used so even if you cant think of anything its better to put something than nothing (just reword some of your tag combos)

- Also along the same lines put more words in your title. Be descriptive, use your tag words. Most good titles in Etsy don't make sense and sounds like the seller is repeating themselves but it works.

- Think about creating some different price points. Maybe single coasters for a cheaper option (or pairs) and sets of 6-8 as a higher option.

Hope this helps :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback so far. All good stuff! I am going to make some changes this evening based on the feedback post back when I am done.

Cheers, Chris
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey Chris!

One thing I noticed off the bat is that your shop banner and shop image aren't cohesive. I love your banner! It's clean and simple and fits with what you're selling. Try incorporating design elements from your shop banner ( the same font, white background and black borders) into your shop image for a more unified brand look.

Hope that helps!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I changed my logo and made some tweaks to title and tags on a few items based on suggestions here. Is this moving in the right direction? I

https://www.etsy.com/listing/268404687/wooden-light-bulb-14-home-decor-pendant?ref=listing-shop-head...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/268703235/alphabet-coaster-set-of-four-home-decor?ref=related-4
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I think it's moving in the right direction! Nice work!
0 Likes

I am new to etsy but trying to understand tags and titles and I will pass on what I've learned. Everyone says to use all 140 characters of the title. Use keyword phrases not just single words. Those are up to you to figure out the best phrases for your product. Best thing to do is make a list describing your product and how people would type in search box to look for it. Then type those keyword phrases in etsy search box and see results. Google will only take the first 70 so you should put the stronger phrases first. Then they say to take that title with the keyword phrases and paste into tags and make them keyword phrases tags. They say to never use single words-try to use up the 20 character limit for each tag and use all tags. From what I understand if you put something like "animal coaster set" overs you for "animal", "coaster","set", "animal coaster", "coaster set" and "animal coaster set" so you don't have to use any of those in other tags.Hope this helps!
0 Likes

Hi Chris

Lovely items! All nice :)

Here is an Etsy article on how the searching works that may be of interest: https://www.etsy.com/uk/help/article/34234144469

Regarding tags I wouldn't use many up on your name, perhaps in one or two listings only and use the other tags to get found in the search.

Do you plan to roll out other acrylic colours? I'm sure you do, it's early days! Would love to see a pink alphabet coaster.

I would query the postage for overseas, it seems rather steep. You can set up shipping profiles if you haven't already so all the coasters are on the same and if the price later changes you change it in one place and it will change for all listings on it. If the items are really heavy and that's causing the cost then mention that in the shipping policy.

Lastly, I would recommend putting a link back to your shop at the bottom of each listing and another link that's vaguely related to the item in question, like click here to see more coasters: and have a link to the coaster section (when you've set up sections ;))

Lovely stuff, I wish you many sales
Cherry
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.