Former_Member
Not applicable

Why I don't have sales?

Hello,
I sell basically bags for woman. I work on my titles, description, Facebook page, photos. But still my sales are very low. I created a new, fresh hand painted collection from canvas ( and I still work on it), but I cannot sell it. And I don't know what to do any and how to improve my sales. Thank you for your time and critique!
Vilma
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Why I don't have sales?

anyone? :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

can anyone look at my shop? :)
0 Likes

ok. I'm kind of new to etsy but I will try to give you what I know. I can see you worked on your titles and tags and they are good but are they good keywords. A good website to use is Marmalead.com. You can put in your keywords and it will tell you all sorts of information like how many results there are for that search, how many view/week etc. This can give you an idea. For instance "Embroidered Clutch" only gets about 6500 results which is a pretty low amount. You might want to fool around with your keywords on that site. Also, I was told that your title and tags should be an exact match. So do one first and then cut and paste the keywords into the other. Hope this information helps. Also, how long have you been up on etsy with 50+ items in your shop? You have to have patience. I am in the same place you are right now and it can be very frustrating.
0 Likes

Hi Vilma,

That embroidered clutch is a stunner! I'd suggest instead of having essentially 5 identical photos of the side of the bag, show all the way into the inside, and give a couple of nice close-ups of the embroidery and the zipper and any other details that make this bag stand out.

For your tags and titles, try using a little more variety. For instance, your Aztec print bag has the word "Aztec" 7 times in the title and 12 times in the tags. I don't see the word "geometric" anywhere, which would be a good start to add some variation. Try to come up with some other different descriptors. This will help with making you relevant for searches that don't include the word "Aztec".
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

What a great shop. Your clutches are awesome. I would put all the leather scraps on a separate page and perhaps a separate section, as I feel they distract from the beauty of your clutches when I arrive at your main page. Really what you want are people to dwell on the fab bags as long as possible.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I abolutely love the professional and style / stylish commentary you've included about your bags.
I would separate the long description into smaller paragraphs with informational titles. For example I use the words 'Details' and 'Size' to separate important info. You are perfectly describing all the advantages to owning a Miss Vilma bag. I think the info just need to be categorized a bit. I would also go online and see how the major bag companies describe the 'utility' aspect of their bags.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm new to Etsy myself. I looked at your bags, beautiful by the way, but as a customer, I'd like to actually see the inside. Looking down. Do you make bags with brighter colors, too?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.