Time for a critique

Greetings,
I've been non Etsy a little over a year now with some success. I would love to hear from you other sellers about the first impression my shop makes. I get a pretty consistent 200-300 views a day and about 8% favorite rate. I have noticed that most of the sales do not come from people who favorite an item. I get alot of compliments but not enough buyers.
Any thoughts at all would be appreciated.
1. is the shop too diverse?
2. is the shop confusing?
3. are pictures better with a little background or on white?
4. ?
Thanks,
Chris
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Time for a critique

Hi Chris,

I have to say your work is really amazing!! Overall, I don't think your shop looks too confusing or diverse. I looked at several of your photos, and some seem too "cluttered", while others had just the right amount of props or background objects. For example, I think this photo shows your work very nicely without looking cluttered:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/481666091/wood-shelf-natural-edge-cast-iron?ref=shop_home_active_16
You want your photos to be clean and clear, and cohesiveness throughout your shop is important. It seems like you're getting there! Photography can be difficult and it takes time. But I think you're on the right path :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Chris,

First off you make some incredible pieces! I think you are well on your way to getting consistent traffic and sales, but here are some thoughts I had when looking at your shop:

1. Your item images do not do your work any justice. To me they are to bland and are not really highlighting your pieces. Take this listing for instance: https://www.etsy.com/listing/251350406/wider-console-table-sofa-table-reclaimed?ref=shop_home_active...

This is a great piece! But the photo has a white wall, its cropped weird, and there is text over the image. Really finding a great way to frame your products and capture awesome photos is going to help you really get the sales.

2. I do not think your items are too diverse by any means. I think you are really getting across what you are selling. I think the branding is to diverse, you are missing those unified product images that really make your shop cohesive.
0 Likes

Thank you Kyle and Elisa for taking the time to think about my shop during this busy time of year. Your thoughts about what is working and what is not in my pix is helpful. Ironically I took my own hidden advice just 12 hours before you looked and rearranged more with the customer in mind and i guess that worked. Pictures pictures pictures, ahhhh
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.