Former_Member
Not applicable

Stationery & Design shop, please critique!

Hi guys,
I have been on Etsy for a few months now, and I have been able to flesh out my shop and my information accordingly, but still no sales. What am I doing wrong? I am currently in the process of adding new items, but other than that, I feel like my shop is well put together and any help would be appreciated!

My shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PaperOwlInvites?ref=l2-shopheader-name

https://www.etsy.com/listing/257857024/custom-wedding-portrait-rustic-bespoke?ref=shop_home_active_2

https://www.etsy.com/listing/258059404/custom-bespoke-rustic-winter-wedding?ref=listing-shop-header-...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/258265034/custom-logo-design-business-logo-design?ref=listing-shop-head...

Thank you!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Stationery & Design shop, please critique!

Hi Kayla,

Your work is lovely, and you've obviously spent a lot of time and effort on your shop background and the few listings you have. Unfortunately, with only 4 items, you don't have a lot of opportunity to be found in search. There are almost 60,000 results for "custom wedding invitation" on Etsy, and you're offering one. Not great odds! So the first suggestion I'll make is to add more designs. Lots more designs.

The second thing is in some ways more minor, but makes a huge difference from the perspective of someone browsing tens of thousands of search results. When your "Custom Bespoke Rustic Winter Wedding Invitation Set (Digital or Printed)" shows up in the search results, have you noticed what part of the title is actually readable without clicking into the listing?
It's this: "Custom Bespoke Rustic Win..."
Now maybe I searched for "custom wedding invitations" so that's probably what's in the listing, but do I know that without clicking? Not for sure. And if I'd just searched for "rustic wedding" and that came up, I'd have no idea what it was. Not very helpful, right? This is why it's so important to have the critical information up front: what is it? If I like the style in the thumbnail and the first few words say it matches the kind of item I'm looking for, I'm much more likely to click on it.

In short, don't make the customer work so hard to find you and figure out what you're selling! Your work is really cool, and I'm sure you can be successful here, you just need to step up your marketing game :)
0 Likes

Hi Kayla,

First of all as someone who searched high and low for winter wedding invitations your design is gorgeous.

I agree with the above for sure, I will also make the suggestion that really all wedding invitations have to be customized with information and personally what I searched for was just "winter wedding invitations" "blue wedding invitations" "silver wedding invitations" "snow wedding invitations", so I would suggest maximizing the search capacity by moving the words custom and bespoke to the end of the title.
Your designs are awesome and you should definitely put up more, the more the merrier, and I'd always suggest you look at what is on the market and how your item fits in comparatively both stylistically and price scheme.
The photos are really great, they look excellent. They display the item really well and I look forward to seeing more of them.
0 Likes

As the above people said, yes, the designs are lovely, but you need more! How about some people of colour in the invitations, or same sex couples?

I've noticed a lot of successful Etsy stores will list a bunch of things that are virtually identical, but with different photos for each, and the 'keywords' of the titles in a different order. It must work, because they seem to sell lots!

I'd also take better pictures of you. No pun intended, but the photos could be more smiley. :) Since you are a husband and wife team, what about photos of the two of you together?

I like that you've filled out the various shop profile/about you bits-I've noticed I've been shying away from vendors who don't have that little 'Meet the owner of' link at the bottom of the item description.

Your logo is really cute, too!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.