Shop improvements

Hey everyone,
I am the owner of EdgyGal, I make necklaces, anklets, and earrings using glass crystal, pearls, and silver. After each design I coat each piece so it will never tarnish or turn skin green.
Lately, I have been focusing on social media marketing and while I have gotten quite a few likes and favorites, I have not had any sales for awhile.
Any suggestions for improvement would be very welcomed. Thank so much in advance!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Shop improvements

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Nicole,

Beautiful jewelry! Brand new seller here, so what I would say has more to do with things I have read in articles for new sellers, etc. and less from personal experience. Fair warning :)

The first thing I have read is that Etsy ranks you and places you higher in searches the more items you have. So, I would recommend adding more items to your shop if you have the ability to! Especially if you are active on social media, promoting new items I think is a great way to draw in customers old and new.

Also, when looking at your photos - the neclace and anklet photos draw a lot of my attention, while the earrings don't as much - I think it might be because they are not shown on a person. I'd highly recommend putting them on a model or yourself or at least holding them in your hand, to show scale and add a personal touch.

FInally, when tagging your items, I have read that it is better to do longer, more specific tags. For example, instead of tagging "silver" and "anklet" separately, a shopper would be more likely to actually type "silver anklet" together, so that should be your tag. The more specific the better, because you are more likely to show up in a specific search of someone looking for a "fresh water pearl choker necklace" than someone looking up "choker."

Hope that's helpful! Good luck!
0 Likes
CloudEnvyDecor
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Nicole, such beautiful pieces. I think mostly the images don’t die justice to your pieces. I think for starters to have really clean photos with a plain background so that when you look at your shop it’s very consistent at look at the start. Then your other photographs should show different angles, scale, and perspective ( like you have on model with the anklet) maybe add a banner on first page of shop.
Hope this helps... way to go on the on model photos, those are so hard to take. The ones of anklet I really like.
0 Likes

Hey guys, thanks for your suggestions! I have made a few changes, I think the look is improving so far. Still no sales, but the shop look is better.
Thanks again!
0 Likes

I love your shop. My suggestion is also more photos for each listing. Your photos are really nice but most items have one or 2 and it would be great to have a few more.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Great shop and pictures! One suggestion I do have is adding info to your policies section. I know when I look at potential items on Etsy, I make sure to read the sellers policies. Like suggested above as well, I would add more items, if possible.

Good Luck!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello,

You have beautiful jewelry. I would try to add more inventory. From what I read Etsy ranks based on inventory count and I've noticed more Etsy related traffic since I've beefed up my inventory (even though I have a lack of sales).

Also, I would add a different variety of photos and also do the photo where it's a clear background and compare the piece of jewelry to an American quarter, that way customers don't have to guess how the jewelry will look on them.

Keep hope alive and I wish you well. Good luck!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.