Shop Reveal: Make Over Review

Please take a look at my shop. It was months and months ago that I asked for critique. It has taken time but I have revamped the entire shop as far as photos go. Instead of having distracting objects/trees in the background I used a light box to photo most of my items.

Please let me know what you think of the photos and I really need review with keywords and tags/titles. I have had 52 sales in one year but I would like to double or triple this.
How do I get my items to show up in the search engines?

Are my descriptions too long or do they need to be short and sweet.

Any ideas for keywords for an artist doing mostly coastal art?

I appreciate you help.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Shop Reveal: Make Over Review

Hi Alexandra Nicole,
Your shop looks great. The prints are wonderful and there is a nice variety of items. I especially like the about page, it is very interesting and would definitely convince me to buy from you :) As for the listings, the tags seem good to me. The descriptions are not too long in my opinion, in fact I would like more explanation about each print, maybe with a little story behind. You don't say too much about that and it would make the listing more interesting. As an international seller and buyer, I have two remarks - for me it would be useful to have dimensions in centimeters as well. Also, shipping price to Norway seems to be very high, almost as much as the item itself. This is something that would make me thing twice before purchasing. I suppose your prints are not too heavy to ship. And finally, if you need to add more photos to the listing, you could add the ones of the packaging, since you put much effort into describing it (it would be easier to visualize).
Best of luck :)
0 Likes

Thank you Irma. You have some great points I will certainly address all of them. The shipping has been a problem figuring out. I have been stuck a few times paying more out of pocket for shipping. I need to re-figure and I will look at Norway. I have a single print listed in the same listing as a matted print. One can be sent in a tube much cheaper than the matted print which has to be boxed. Etsy does not give you options for shipping in same listing. I wish they did. I guess the only way to remedy this would be to have separate listings which drives up the cost. I will take note to put dimensions in centimeters also.

Thank you again.
0 Likes

Hi Alexandra,

I agree you need to show more photos, but most of your current photos look fantastic :)

You might want to tweak your card listings slightly so that in the thumbnail view it's obvious they're sets - at first glance it looks like you're selling a single card, which makes the price seem a bit crazy! If you show the rest of the set behind or underneath the main display one in the first image, it will be much more obvious that it's a set.

Your tags could also use a little work - right now you have a fair number of single word tags that are basically useless. If you have "crab art" as one tag, and "crab" as another, you've just wasted a tag, because a search for "crab" will match the "crab art" tag already. Scrap those redundant single-word tags and come up with some better ones - "beach decor", "tropical fish", and "marine biology" are just a few examples of tags that are frequently searched and fit your work perfectly. I'm sure you can come up with more!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Alexandra!

I enjoyed looking at your shop! My suggestions include changing the photograph for your greeting card sets so you see at least more than one greeting card, choosing stronger tags to improve SEO (ex. "seahorse stationary" or "turtle greeting card", "beach decor"), including a piece of the story behind the artwork you made (ex. Why did you choose a turtle or seahorse as opposed to sharks or manatees?), and show an "in progress" photo with your listings (ex. your workspace and the first few paint strokes of a a product).

Good luck!
Natasha
0 Likes

Wow - I am late in responding but thanks for the feedback. I have already edited my greeting cards. Changed my offering, lowered price and added a couple of pictures.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have no critique. But I LOVE your elephants!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.