Former_Member
Not applicable

Please critique my shop

We recently opened shop on Etsy and I am trying to figure out how to make our products stand out to the buyer. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Please critique my shop

Hi Jacob! I love the story behind your shop and the cool products you make! Also, the clarity of your photographs is great! As a buyer, I would have loved to see more creative backgrounds, as the black is a bit monotone. Also, can you offer a greater variety of products (shapes, colors, etc.)? Again, the items are so similar that the page loses its vibrancy. You might also spruce up your header just a bit to make it stand out from the products...maybe put a border around it, or make a collage of your products and the process behind them (the raw wood in a pile, construction of your items, a photo of Hawaii). That's all I would say could use improving. Best of luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Jacob!
Backgrounds and photos on Etsy is always a hot debate. I think the key is to find your style, and keep lighting and clarity of pics consistent. Your work comes from nature and I think the photos showcasing it outside in a natural environment would be best suited, as those created the most interest for me personally. So I would go with that.
I hope that is helpful.
Warm regards,
Jackie, Owner of Fleur Morbide Jewellery Shop
0 Likes
RedNoirDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Jacob,

I agree with both Sophia and Jackie that the photos should definitely have more pictures with a background. Not to discard the ones you currently have but you can add to the existing listing. Your product is beautiful and I would recommend you taking pictures in the settings that your product is meant to be used. I see myself using your product when I have visitors over at home. So I can see it on top of a table, with cheese and perhaps some fruits and some wine glasses near by. You can do this indoors or in a patio so you also capture nature. If you have a friend who takes good pictures ask for help. If not, I recommend you also doing some search online of similar products and see how they display it so you can get some ideas.

Hope this helps!

Best of lucks!
0 Likes

Hi Jacob,
LOVE your work!!! Beside agreeing with the good advice you have from the posts above, I appreciated seeing you having fruits or vegetables nearby or on the boards, to bring out the practicality of your beautiful products. And, congratulations on your first 4 sale! I am quite confident that you will have more sales to come.
Best regards,
Loann
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Jacob,
Let me just say love your work as I am a huge cribbage player and love your wood work on these boards. As for advice I would work on the overall look of your store. The pictures need to be punched up. I love the picture of your product on the beach it is posed nicely and feeds into the overall theme you want for the store. I would say have those be the first photo is that is the one people see first. I would also replace the black background with white. Black can give a feeling of darkness and you want the pictures to be nice and uplifting. Hopefully that helps.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.