Please critique my shop. Quality of "handmade"

I've been thinking lately about "handmade." With handmade comes flaws. I seem to obsess over the flaws. How do I know if my items are really good enough to sell? I mean, it's not like sewing is my real job that pays the bills. Will people notice the flaws like I do? I seem to get good reviews, but I'm always holding my breath wondering if somebody is going to be disappointed in their item. On the other hand, friends, family, husband all says the items look great. Are they just biased?? :)

What do you think? Can you please critique the quality of my items? I know you can't touch it, hold it, examine it, but please look really closely at my photos and see if you can give me feed back about quality of my items.

Thank you so much!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Please critique my shop. Quality of "handmade"

Hi Heidi

I love your shop! The fabric choices and colours are right up my street!

You've got some great close up photos and I can see that the stitching is neat, uniform and parallel from the edges. If I were being super critical I'd ask whether the corners should be a perfectly sharp point but actually the slight rounding just adds to the item and I prefer it over a sharp point.

I wouldn't change anything, looks like a highly professional and successful shop to me :)
Cherry
0 Likes

I think your stuff looks amazing! I wouldn't worry anymore about your quality!
0 Likes

Thanks for your reply Cherry. I always try to get those corners as sharp as possible, but by the time you add a layer of padding or interfacing, they are just too bulky to get to a nice point. I'm starting to embrace the rounded corners. For example, if you look real closely here at the 5th photo, you can see I just stitch a curve to follow the curve of the fabric. Hopefully that makes it look intentional! :)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/196877948/fabric-checkbook-cover-duplicate-check?ref=shop_home_feat_2
0 Likes

Thanks Kathryn!
0 Likes

Hi Heidi, it did look intentional so if that was the worst thing I could point out then I think you're okay!
Best of luck
Cherry
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.