Please Critique my shop

Things have been going slow and up/down for me. It takes work that I am willing to do and have been watching videos on tags, title and more. I need to work more on my photos, but would love to get feedback from others.

Thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Please Critique my shop

Love the slogan "Custom made things that bling". I suggest you include it in your shop announcement.

You can have four featured items but only have 2 selected. That's an easy fix in listings manager.

Your photos are uneven in quality. The ones of the little girl modeling really show your product to advantage. Some of the other photos are dark or don't show all the words on the shirt. You can have five photos per item so you could show the shirts on a model in one, laid out flat in another, in their package, etc. It would also be interesting to see some photos of you making the shirts.

The logo on your about page is beautiful. In your banner and avatar it seems distorted and isn't as easy to read. The story on your about page is interesting and left me wanting to see one of your dance bags.

I looked at the tags on the nurses shirt. Consider using variations of T shirt as tags. Tee Shirt, T shirt, T-shirt etc.

I like your sense of humor. It's a fun shop.
0 Likes

Thank you for much for the feedback. So are you saying change my shop announcement information, which it stats what I have below?

Welcome to Steppin'Out Boutique where you will find quality custom made shirts and things that bling, glitter and more.

I changed my feature items, so thanks for the heads up and thought I had four.

Photos are the biggest things I am working on now and also just started using kids to model some clothing, which in return give me a professional looking photo.

I will try to find a way to resize my banner and avatar again and make the correct sizing. Do you have any suggestions on how I can resize. I used website for resizing but it seems that it didnt work correctly.

Thanks again!

0 Likes

I also forgot to add for the photo that I dont use a model, do you suggest just the flat lay or on a mannequin?
0 Likes

I like your welcome message. But I also like your slogan and think it expresses your brand. Maybe you can find a way to work it in.

I use canva for logos, banners and avatars. https://www.canva.com
It's free and easier than other graphic programs. They have presized templates for etsy banners, Facebook pages, etc. that really helps me get the sizes right.

Photos are such a big challenge. I'm still working on that. One thing that is helping me is taking a good look at shops that sell a similar product to mine. How do they stage their photos, write their descriptions, tag and title?

Sometimes I make treasuries to educate myself about my target market. But I also use treasuries to study my competition. These I keep private. If you go to my ptofile and scroll down you can see how I looked at how etsy sellers use buttons in their products. Maybe you could make a treasury as a way to study how t shirts are photographed effectively. It's a fun way to learn.

0 Likes

I agree that the information under your banner needs to tell what's special about your product and not just links. Hope that this helps.
0 Likes

Emily, is canva.com like picmonkey.com in that it's easy to use and free?
0 Likes

I couldn't get passed the pics. Emily explained this very well. I love the ones with the little girl, I can picture the shirt on another child her size (and she's adorable!!)
The striped background is distracting from the other shirts, I would like to see the sleeves and how it would fit someone my size. I think using a model or getting a mannequin would be to your advantage. Don't give up. I must have taken over 500 pics before my daughter suggested the perfect background for me. Maybe you can use a family member or aquintance to have them model for you. I would keep backgrounds the same because then your eyes seem to focus on the merchandise. Also keep the focus in the shirts and not the person that will model. Take a few pics and show them to three different people or post them and asked for critique again and then continue with pics, that will save you a lot of work. Keep up the hard work!
0 Likes

Thanks everyone so much. I totally agree regarding the zebra print background now that I have been selling and trying to change things up. I have learned a lot and used that background when I first started selling and knew nothing about selling on etsy. I am so proud to have others like you all that gives me feedback regarding my shop and in the process of changing it all. Again I appreciate everyone for my feedback and striving to succeed.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.