Former_Member
Not applicable

No sales. Cannot make more listings.

Until I sell even one bracelet, I really can't make more of anything.
I am working on getting new pictures up. I added new ones a couple days ago.

Advertise on Facebook, on Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram.
I post to the Facebook groups I am in every day.
Have worked on my shop every day. But no sales.

Anyone have any advice?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: No sales. Cannot make more listings.

Hi Anastasia,

Don't sell yourself short and apologize for having a new shop, and I wouldn't offer discounted prices to get started. Your bracelets are beautiful! Charge what they're worth.

I'm still learning my way around Etsy, too but I think having only two items is your biggest problem. The more items you have, the more chances to get noticed. I do understand the financial constraints of having to come up with lots of inventory all at once though - definite Catch 22.

The photos w/ the pine cones - maybe crop them to bring the image of your bracelets forward? The photos w/ the quarters make me think of eBay which makes me think cheap ... just my opinion but I don't think those photos are helping you.

You're missing an opportunity by not having an "About" page.

I make/sell jewelry too. I know there's a possibility of stretch bracelets snapping and I'll absolutely repair any one that does, but I don't state that in my listing. I think customers would wonder if the bracelets break so often that I need to discuss a repair ahead of time. Maybe move that language to your shop policies or leave it out altogether?

Hope this helps. Good luck to you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you. I will work on that.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I made a lot of changes.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Photos look better already and your "About" page is a great addition. Good luck to you, Ana! Hopefully, we'll all figure this out together :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I hope so. Thank you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Anastasia,

Your bracelets are really cool. I notice you're not using all 5 photos though. If you can show more details of the bracelets, like the clasp, that might help. I know you say you can't make more items right now, but I've been told that the more listings you have the better your chances of getting your shop noticed. I hope that helps. Good luck!
0 Likes

Hi Anastasia

Your spiral bracelet looks really clever!

I searched for chainmail bracelet but couldn't see any of yours, you absolutely need 'chainmail bracelet' in your title, description and as a tag. If people can't find you then they won't be able to buy anything.

Once they have found you, if you could improve the pictures then that would greatly help. Perhaps take a look through Etsy at bracelets in general for some inspiration on staging, such as this one:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/210558229/sterling-silver-bracelet-chainmaille

Also, I notice that you only ship to the US, if you could expand that then you'll have a larger market.

Best of luck
Cherry
0 Likes

Hi Anastasia,

Let me begin by saying I am new to this whole Etsy thing too, but I will reply to you as a shopper looking for a bracelet. Your items are lovely, but you need better pictures by far. If you model something, make sure you get someone else to take a picture for you. Take a million pictures and review them. Put yourself in your buyers shoes, what do you want to see? The pictures that show the detail of your bracelet designs are nice, but they could be put on a background that makes them really stand out - then the rest of the pictures make sure you give different angles, but of the whole bracelet. Make sure the pictures are focused and clear. The crisper the picture the better the person can see the whole bracelet.

I know budget is an issue, it is with me too, and I don't know how difficult this may be, but maybe you can dismantle the samples you've created and create new ones. It is imperative that you have more merchandise. The first thing I noticed when I visited your shop was the lack of items and that made me pause as a shopper. I can't really explain why, but the feeling is that this is the limit to your talent and I may not get the quality that I expect when shopping for a handmade item. This is obviously not true, because I can tell you care about your shop, because you are seeking help, but the buyer doesn't know this.

One last thing, your shop announcement doesn't give you enough credit. You are obviously passionate about your jewelry making... so say so. Speak with your heart. You have beautiful talent, share not just your talent, but your heart.

Hope this helps... and believe me, you have lovely items :) Take care.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My bracelets do not have clasps, so I cannot take a picture of a clasp.
I do state that in the description.

I am still working on more pictures. Unfortunately, I rarely have the chance to take them.

My titles, descriptions, and tags do include that this is a chainmail bracelet.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Added international shipping.
And shipping in US still free.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Anastasia,

I totally understand where you are coming from, it can be expensive to make a lot of items without selling any first.

I know that those rings can get pricey so this might not be easy, but one suggestion I have is to create some smaller items, like earrings or charms, that can be easier on the budget, take less time to make, but can help add more listings to make your shop look good and also can give customers different price points to work with. If they come to your shop and decide they can't quite afford a $35 bracelet but still like your work and they find a cute pair of earrings for $15 or something they might buy those. Boosting your number of sales can help your shop look good even if you don't make as much profit on the smaller items.

Good Luck!

AnneMarie
0 Likes

Earrings is a great idea from AnneMarie, hopefully that might work for you! If time is an issue though I'd say to concentrate on your photos.

With your tags, having one of 'chainmail' and one of 'bracelet' is not the same as having one of 'chainmail bracelet', definitely get some two word combos in there and see if bumps you up the search list :)
Good luck
Cherry
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you. I added a ring, but will look into earrings.
0 Likes

Hey, now you're on page 2 for chainmail bracelet :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.