Former_Member
Not applicable

Newly opened shop! I would love any feedback :)

Hello! So I literally opened my shop 2 days ago. I did some research in regards to product titles, tags, pictures, etc. However I am no expert! I did my best and now would love some honest feedback. Thank you!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Newly opened shop! I would love any feedback :)

Hi Samantha,
Your shop looks fantastic, I love your items! I am a new seller myself, so don't have a ton of insight to offer. I think you're doing great having sales in just a couple of days, congrats! The only question/suggestion I would have is regarding the quantity you have available. It shows just 1 available. Are these all one of a kind or can you make multiples of the same listing? If so, you might consider increasing the quantity available on the listing. I had a sale just this week of two of the same baby onsies for the same size. I'm assuming either for twins or gift? Something to consider. Best wishes with your shop, you have a beautiful start!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Your shop looks lovely! I love the photo's and your consistent background, only changing the color to highlight the bow ties.
It's clean, crisp and inviting. I'm fairly new selling on Etsy and still have a lot to learn, but I don't see anything that needs to be changed. Good luck!
0 Likes

Hi Samantha!
Your shop looks really good and it looks like you made your homework before opening. The pictures are good but they can be better - showing on a blank background, especially when the fabric has a complicated texture full of details.
I would also try and get reviews from buyers and write about myself in the profile section.
0 Likes
ByTheLock
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Samantha!

Good job!! Your shop looks awesome!!

Only pointers, some of your thumbnails are a little zoomed in/not central. But thats super easily fixed. You could maybe add some photos that show scale too?

Other than that, incredible!! I love your stuff.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello,

Your product is so cute! I love it!

Could you perhaps have a few photos with some children wearing the bow ties to help people see how sweet they look - you could demonstrate then how some could be used for formal occassions like weddings and how some can look fun as casual wear.

Also on your first shop page where is says - Hello! Thank you for visiting my shop. I am new to this Etsy world and I cannot wait to get started! - could you write a little bit more in this section so people can read a bit more about your shop straight away.

I think you should write a bit more in your profile as well.

You could consider making mini versions of the bows as hair clips for girls - but I expect you may have already thought of that.

Hope this is useful - I´ll follow your shop now.

Best wishes,

Tiffany
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Samantha,

I really like your shop, it looks very consistent and well made and your products are very sweet. I would also suggest to use a simpler background for colourful and textured bow ties, to better highlight your product.
I like to see About and Descriptions on an Etsy shop, so perhaps you can review or expand your shop's story to let people know who you are!

It's amazing you had sales after just a couple of days from opening! Keep up the good job!

Daniela.
0 Likes

Hi Samantha
Congratulations on getting to 8 sales already! Amazing considering you've just opened :) your shop doesn't look like you've just opened so well done. I would just add that when you get some gorgeous pics of little cuties wearing your bows, make a couple of those pictures the primary photo so your shop photos are more varied when viewed as a whole and people can see at a glance what it looks like.
Good luck!
Cherry
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! I am definitely planning on taking pictures of my bow ties on my little boy and posting those pictures. Just haven't gotten to it yet! I have updated a lot of my info such as my about section and profile. I am so determined to do well! And I also agree that my photos need to be more varied.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Samantha,
Your shop is absolutely adorable!!! Your pictures are fantastic, I can tell you have put a lot of work into your shop in just a short time. This will pay off! When you have time, you might could add a tad more about yourself and your shop in the about section. Also on your cutie bow-ties and such is there only one available of each or is this something you could make several of and increase your quantities? I think your shop is just the cutest and you will do very well!!!

Best of Luck!
Amy
0 Likes

Oh my gosh Samantha! Your shop is transformed!! I can't believe how amazing it now looks! Congratulations on all of those sales, well earned:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love your shop!It looks clean and professional. The pictures have great lighting to show colors vividly. I like that you use children as models but I also like that you have some if your items on a background. I like the variety! Be sure to use all 13 tags on your listings with precise words that a customer would use when they are searching. If you are not promoting, I would suggest that you utilize that feature! Good luck to you!
0 Likes

A little feedback from a professional graphic designer here :

Your banner looks cute, but the font spacing is a bit off on the second word. It now reads : Bucks and bow s. Reduce the spacing beteen the s and the w in "bows" and you're golden :) Good luck!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.