Former_Member
Not applicable

Newer shop seeking general critique and advice

Hello all, thank you for welcoming me to this space. I opened up shop a little over two months ago. I have 21 sales so far, a couple are from close friends and the rest are "real" sales lol. About 6 of those are from last week, had sales every day and then yesterday and today were very very slow, hardly any views. I usually get about 100-200 a day, sometimes in the 300s usually on days I've been putting in the social media work. From my observation, most of my sales have come from followers of my facebook and instagram, however last week I did get a nice big 3 item order from a nice lady who stumbled upon my page on etsy.

I want to keep taking it to the next level and keep the ball rolling and would love some critique or tips on what I could work on in my page. My goal is 4 sales a week by January. I plan to keep being consistent about posting listings and also plugging them into social media. I know it takes a bit to get more known on here but some slow days like today it is a challenge for me to not get the heart sinking feeling that my efforts are going to waste. Alas, I will continue to keep my heart and heart up and revel in the successes that have happened ibstead of focusing on what has yet to come....keyword yet ;)

Thank you very much in advance.
-Tatyana <3
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies
ByTheLock
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Newer shop seeking general critique and advice

Hi Tatyana

You items are amazing, super unusual!! Which could be a pro and a con! People that love your stuff will REALLY love your stuff, its just finding those people may be a little tougher.

If you are looking to appeal to a bigger market, I would maybe suggest doing some items that are a little smaller; still with the same awesome details but that are more day-to-day wearable.

Outside of that, I think you're doing a lot of things amazingly well, You have a few pages of items, but the categories help make that more manageable. I would love to see some photos of people actually wearing your stuff. It'd be really useful to see how the necklaces sit etc

Hope that is useful!
0 Likes

Re: Newer shop seeking general critique and advice

Hi Tatyana,

You have really beautiful and unique items. I agree with Chloe and that it would be neat to see a picture of one being worn. Maybe in your about pictures? Your photographs are great and very clear.

The only other thing I can think of is making earrings to go with the pieces which might get your buyers to come back for an additional sale or make two sales?

I am a newbie to Etsy, just started my store a couple months ago, but I did read while I was researching that it is good to have live links in your descriptions. Maybe link to another item that is similar or has an associated strength, or the same stone but different design to the item listing.

I also noticed you don't have anything listed under materials. I wonder if that is important in SEO and Etsy searching options. maybe you can list the stones in that area and see if you get more hits on those listings.

Hope this is helpful to you, Janell

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.