New shop critiques desperately needed!

Hello! I just recently opened my shop. I realize I do not have many items for sale yet, but I feel like the items I do have are receiving VERY little views. I am not sure if my tags are lacking or my pictures are not appealing, but I would love a way to increase traffic to the invites I do have. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: New shop critiques desperately needed!

Hi Kayli,

I was hopping to see some experience sellers post their response to you (because I am not expert in giving advice, and still learning to improve my shop) :-)
However, the most common response would be working on the SEO, tags. I love to see your beautiful cards but I think if you use all or up to 13 so the buyers can find your shop easier, for instance, if you would say: Matched envelope, princes design, choice of color, or something that you can pull out from your descriptions of the card.
Remember to fill out your policies also, Kayli. It's important to do so. The Forums offers many solid advices for improving views and (hopefully) buyers from experience sellers. I've learned so much from them. The number of views for my shop has been up and down, I haven't sold any of my cards this month, but I continue make some more cards. Hope you will do the same, put more of your beautiful cards out there Kayli. Hang in there! Hope to hear your good news soon. Best wishes..
0 Likes

Welcome to Etsy!!!

Your items are sooo cute!!

One trick about pricing: I had a friend (a business major) take a look at my shop and she said to make all of the prices uniform. For example: all small items for $1.00, all medium items for $2.00, and the large ones for $3.00. In addition, my friend told me about little mind trick. If you end all of your prices with 0.95 like $1.95, it makes people think they're buying it for $1 still.

As far as your titles I think you could probably add a bit more. Try looking up other products that are the same as yours and get ideas as to what titles people are using. Treat the tags the same way. The tags should be at least two letter words, if you can fit three that's good, too. The titles should reflect what a buyer would type in to get to your product. Also, if you notice in your stats that people are typing your shop name with spaces, I highly suggest putting your shop name in spaces in a tag for your items. People always tell me they have a hard time finding my shop even though my business card has it all together.

That's another thing: business cards. Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Myspace, etc. work as good self promotion.

Join LOTS of Etsy teams and promote.

Your pictures are lovely. :-)

Hope this helps!

0 Likes

You'll definitely want more items. More items = more tags for SEO and will put you higher up on the relevancy pages from what I understand which = more views!

What you do have is totally adorable. I don't think you'll have any problems selling things once you get a wider selection!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

First of all, CUTE shop. You will definitely sell, sell, sell.
Secondly, I am NO EXPERT.

Okay, No EXPERT disclaimers down...Here's my two cents.

Fill up at least 24 slots.
Switch to white backgrounds and back up a little.
Fill up your 13 tag lines and make sure they coincide with your titles
Stick at least one link toward the bottom..maybe back to your shop page?

Here is a link that may help you with your tags:
https://www.etsy.com/teams/11352/relevancy-and-seo-beginner-and-advanced/discuss/13988472/

Like I said, NO EXPERT. I am here for a critique as well;)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Oh, also Canva is great for free Etsy Banners!
https://www.canva.com/create/banners/etsy-banners/
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.