Former_Member
Not applicable

New Shop critique welcome!

I have recently set up my own Beauty and Bath Products shop. I've only been selling less than a month, and I'm still working through all of the seller information given to us by Etsy.

I'd really like some critiques from someone looking at it from a purely consumer point of view!

Thanks, Kerra.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: New Shop critique welcome!

Hi Kerra,

From a consumer point of view, i have to admitt that i'm not your target consumer, but your tittle and pictures are really nice and clear. Maybe , if i was you i would develop more products so your page will be full. Hope you'll have great sales
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I think your photos are very nice - clean with an artistic touch. Your labels are very pretty and go well with your product line. I also think you need more products to make your shop look full but I understand that it's a process.

I noticed a typo in your shop description (I think) - you list a Caret Freshener and I think you mean Carpet.

Also, in the single product items I don't think you should show them as a group - that may mislead someone who doesn't read the entire description into believing they are getting more than one product. Also, you should try to add a photo or two that shows the product in use somehow to make it even more appealing.

Overall I think you're off to a good start - good luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Tracy and Marie,

Thanks for letting me know about the typo! I've now amended this.

I will be adding another product soon, but without any sales, I don't have much capital to do it! Sadly I think that'll take a while... I'll think about doing some more sets or something to beef up my shop a bit.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it :)
0 Likes

I know it is difficult when you sell bath and body items to fill pages of your shop, but it is so hard to find sellers who have so few items. Also your items have such a similar look that it seems you are selling only one thing, especially since the images of full of items not part of that sale. This could get you into trouble with buyers who rely solely pictures and do not look at descriptions which are more than you might think.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Harriet,

I've actually removed all the pictures which show all of the products in one go. I agree it can be confusing.

As for everything looking similar, I wonder how I could combat that?

I'm planning on putting another product on for sale pretty soon, and I'll do a couple of gift sets with that. So, maybe another 3/4 listings with that!

Thanks for the advice.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I think your pictures are great - but like another user said, many of the items look similar - maybe there is a way to distinguish them from each other?

Have you tried using instagram or another social media site to draw attention to the fact that your products are vegan and natural? like using hashtags and such to gain followers to promote?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I think your products are great and so are you descriptions. I would consider new labels that maybe have sone darker colors in them like black. Yours are very pretty, but the don't POP in the search pages, and that's what you need. Also more products obviously but I know that's tough. Maybe you could make a listing and label for each scent that a particular item comes in and correlate your label with each scent? That would give you more listings, and would help to differentiate thing better. I wish you the best if luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!

I can't change the labels atm as I've already printed a few and I just don't have the capital to be playing around with that, sadly.

I've taken all the advice on board and in the next couple of weeks I'm going to be listing a few new products.

I'm on social media all the time promoting my products. Slow and steady!

Again, thanks for all the feedback. I think I've got all the info, now. More products, distinguish pictures. I'm away at the minute, but I'll crack on as soon as I'm back in a weeks time.

Thanks a lot,
Kerra.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Kerra,

I feel if you change the description to item specific, have the photo show off the item you are selling and take out the repetitive parts that will help you loads. For example, your refill carpet cleaner deodorizer shows a photo of a jar but your description says it comes in a bag. Just go back and read the description to yourself out loud and you'll catch the repetitive parts that can be fixed.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Kerra,

I feel if you change the description to item specific, have the photo show of the item you are selling and take out the repetitive parts that will help you loads. For example, your refill carpet cleaner deodorizer shows a photo of a jar but your description says it comes in a bag. Just go back and read the description to yourself out loud and you'll catch the repetitive parts that can be fixed.
0 Likes

Hi Kerra,

It's a cute shop you're running, very interesting products!

From the top of my head, here are a few suggestions:
> add more items to your shop.
> Can you play with the packaging as well - 300 g is ok, but can you do 100g, 250g, etc?
> do you print you labels? You could try an add some element to distinguish them from one another (I believe another member mentioned something on that matter too). For instance, the category or the ingredients, etc.

Really hope that helps,

Best Regards,
Maryolla
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.