Looking for shop advice!!

Its only been 25 days, but the only sales I have gotten, is either friends or family. I have tried getting advice from all over. I m only getting about 20-30 people per day visit my shop.

I have my promoting at $7 a day, and .10 per item. But yet it doesnt seem to do any good. I have had a bunch of people favorite my items, but as of now only friends and family have been buying.

Everyone that smells the candles, loves, them. And i know once we start getting other sales, others will love them to. So what I am i doing wrong? Is the market just to low for the candles? I m I just over priced? Do I not have a good item? Why cant i get ones to come to my shop, and when they come why wont they buy?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Looking for shop advice!!

Ok. So 25 days and no sales is not a biggie. I didnt eeven have family or friends buy from me when i started. It just takes time and promotion outside of etsy. Ditch promoting listings. I find it never really works just costs.
photos. I like that you proped it and they are cohesive but it doesnt make sence. I would either stick to neutral white or really get into it. Old wood and a cowboy hat are not taking me to the tropical destination of Jamaican me crazy. I would do more stylized with maybe a tropical tablescape or something. I am guessing the cowboy hat is a signature thing and thats ok have it in the photo just not so predominantly. It takes more of the frame than the actual product your selling at the moment.
AddItionally on buys candles to burn but there is no pictures of one burning to be found. Maybe styled in various holders on a table scape etc. Also non of what inside of jar looks like. They are all lidded and none burning.
The why. Your description is very long but says very little. There is alot of places to click for more info or to see this or that but very little on the product. I cant smell your candle so you need to give me a detailed description of scent throw how it lingers in air etc etc.
Also a why. I dont see a why about you or products. why do you make them? Why those scents? Personality and personal connection go a long way. Biggest of all. Why should i buy from you?
Product. Packaging would be nice to sell especially if it add value to your candles. lastly why zinc core wicks. I have heard nothing but bad about them. If there is z reason for good explain it.

I hesitate to suggest your packaging needs update its rather cheap looking.

Hope that's helpful.
0 Likes

Thanks so much for the helpful information, that helps out alot
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

A big part of what gets folks to click into your shop is that main photo. While yours are styled nicely, they are dark. You also need a close up of your cute label, you can't really see it.a lot of etsy Byers are into purchasing an experience. They want to know what it feels like to use your product just by looking at the photo. A lit candle in an environment that reflects the scent or even staged as a relaxing moment. Even if you don't see the product closely in every shot, you want us to feel good.

Brighten up your photos, give us a close up and don't spend $7 a day on promo! 25 sales is awesome, good for you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love the way that you have set up your product in your photos, it's very inviting and entices me to click further into it. I also love your name-so creative!! Do you do testers? When ordering candles that is such a thing if you don't have it in front of you, maybe little canisters for a $1 or 2 so people can get the scents. Also when reading your info there is a lot and it's very spaced, maybe deleted a couple of spaces so your guest aren't scrolling for a long time to read it all.

I will definitely be checking out your store!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Lindsay! I think I have to agree with Erin Hall, maybe a few pictures of burning candles would be nice. It's a great visual and would really highlight the candles. Overall I think your shop looks great and you're well on your way to being a super seller!

Much continued success with your shop.

Best,

Paula
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.