BettyWoof
Inspiration Seeker

Let's face it!

Hi there!
I can't wait to read your critique for my shop. Beforehand: I am uploading in the next days more and more listings. My Goal is to reach 40 listings until end of august.
But I would like to hear your opinion on general Shop appearance, photos, pricing, descriptions & tags. And of course whatever crosses your mind!

My Shop is pretty new and I haven't sold anything online yet, but I hope this will change soon!

Please be honest & straightforward :-D

Thank you so much for taking the time!
Elli
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Let's face it!

Hi Elli, Your shop is wonderful. Your hemp toys have great pictures and descriptions. I love how they are Betty approved, and that you point out in a fun way how they are non-toxic and digestible. The dog collars are great too. I would like to see more pictures, but then, I am very visually oriented. When shopping online I find that more pictures helps compensate for the 2D, since there is no hands on way to view the product. That might just be me. Maybe you could put the collar on a toy stuffed dog to simulate how it would look on the prospective buyers dog. I think all you product pictures are beyond fantastic. I love the graphics and your branding on every one of them. That makes it very professional and, as a buyer, gives me confidence in you and your product. I forgot to check your tags, but I am new to SEO, so I don't know if I could help much in that area. I think your pricing is good, especially since they are handmade. I like the shiny metal buckles, just a question, would people also like the choice of the plastic ones? I don't know, I don't have a lot of confidence in the plastic clips myself, but I know the pet stores are full of them.
Good Luck, I hope the holiday season brings you lots of sales.
Sandy
0 Likes
BettyWoof
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for your inputs sandy! I will work on that and also think about the plastic buckles.
Lots of sales for you too!
0 Likes

Hi Elli,

Love your shop. Love the variety of designs. Your photos are great. Do you have any pictures of dogs with some of the collars you made? That might be attractive and easy for the potential buyers to picture how they look on pets. One idea is to get pictures of your collars on different kinds of dogs. I am confident that your hand craft will be loved by many. Your shop is new but I think you will do fine. Best regards.
0 Likes

Hi Betty,

I like your shop. Great photos, and a pleasing aesthetic. You will get more SEO traction if you post five pictures per item, so definitely do that. I agree with the other suggestions that pictures with live dogs are a good idea....just appeals to the heart of the pet owner! Good luck!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Elli,

1. Sweet idea to build your shop around Betty. In your niche all your customers will be huge dog fans, who will really appreciate this approach. Keep on posting more about Betty and you, try focusing on establishing a more direct contact with your customers (Instagram would be a great start, followed by Facebook page later.) Building a sense of community is always a great thing, and dog lovers are real enthusiasts about their pets, so I think it could be easy in your niche. Just think about it: would like like a picture about a nice dog? Of course you would! And all of us would. If the dog in the pic is wearing your collar, and you mention it in the title, then you build community and advertise at the same time. Just don't be too pushy about the ad.

2. Great photos with nice typography. I like the fact you realized how important it is for online buyers to have shots from different angles, with focus on the details of the product. Good job on that side. I would second the others who said you should also have photos with dogs (Betty?) wearing your collars. Betty looks like a fine gal so I don't think she would mind if she had to try on all the collars. I wouldn't use plush or toy dogs for this, it sounds a bit cheap to me. And frankly, why would you do that when you have Betty around?

3. Your prices seem OK to me. Dog toys might be a bit on the higher end, but not too much. I am sure you have carefully considered your costs and desired profit. One tip here: though pricing is important, if you see no sales the first thing should never be lowering prices (unless they are mental, ofc, but there are not in your case).

4. SEO is an area you need to work on. Your titles are ok, but your tags need major improvement. Always ask yourself the following: If you were looking for a product that you are selling, what would you search for in Goggle or Etsy? For example, in all of your tags you have "dog". Now if you put "dog" in Etsy Search, you get 600k results. Do you think anyone will find you there? Also, if you ware looking for a dog collar, would you search for "dog" or "dog collar". You would probably search for the latter. Now it means that having "dog" as a separate tag is useless and is a waste of resources. It is a waste of resources, because each tag you give to your product is a potential search term a customer may search for your product. Based on this, you should rethink all your tags. Also, the first line in your title has a very high importance in Etsy search, so you should put their words people would search for. A tip here, is to use the same words from your title on your tags as well, as it will further increase your ranking. I.e.: Title: Pink / Red Dog Collar with Metal Buckle. Your tags should be: red dog collar, dog collar, pink dog collar, collar metal buckle, adjustable collar. However, you should probably add more details into your title too.

5. Adding new products will help your SEO. Just try to tweak each of them a little so that they appeal to a different audience. I am not an expert in your field, but making different collars for male/female dogs and different breeds can help a lot. Just a raw taught, a more "classic" breed of dog could have a classic patterned collar, while the these days trendy breeds can have something modern, flashy. Like this you would not only appeal to owners of different breeds, but also owners from different backgrounds and age groups.

I would recommend to dig deep into SEO. Nice products like yours deserve a better reach.

Hope this helps. Keep on growing your shop!
0 Likes
BettyWoof
Inspiration Seeker

Wow thank you all soo much for your feedback! It really means a lot to me.
Now I will try my best to improve all the above mentioned things during my vacation :)) (that's apparently what vacations are for) :))

And a huge thanks to Seven: your review blew me away!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.