It's been a while...another shop critique please?

Hi Everyone,

I got some wonderful feedback from my first requested critique a while back. I've implemented some changes, worked on photos, descriptions, variations, # items in shop.

Curious what folks think now when browsing my shop. Any input would be appreciated. Are the custom listings confusing? Are you deterred by just seeing thumbnails of fabrics and not the products with the listed fabric pre-made (I make most everything according to custom specs...also cannot afford to carry all fabrics in house. I order them after someone places an order). Do I still need more items, particularly in sections that don't have many?

Any big eye sores?

I have gotten a big bump in traffic/sales but I think it may be related to the holidays. Maybe it's partially from all the improvements I made thanks to suggestions from everyone too?

Thanks for your time!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: It's been a while...another shop critique please?

Hi Ali,

Your SEO looks great, and your photos are lovely, but I do think that first photo just has to show a finished product. Otherwise it just looks like you're selling fabric or something! One option would be to take photos of a variety of finished pieces, and then use one of those with a sidebar of fabric choices for your listings. You want to have more than one finished product so your storefront doesn't look too repetitive, but you could use different angles of the same item for a few listings, with different side panel fabric options in them. That way you'd only need to have photos of a handful of different actual finished items to give your shop a nice cohesive but varied look.
0 Likes

I usually include a variety of finished items in the listing photos but do y put them as primary as I've had issues with customers just buying based on the first photo and not reading the description that states it's an example. A side bar of available fabrics may help deter that though :-)

Thanks for the input. Anyone else?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi , from a customers point of view.... I love the look of the shop...very classy :)

However I find the wording to be confusing. I read Custom Dog Bed... and think immediately getting the whole bed. Only at the end do I realize its the cover being custom made.

Also, I would, my opinion... instead of saying...

"*********FOR CHRISTMAS ORDERS*************

For orders requiring custom fabric chosen online, my cut off date has passed. I cannot guarantee your orders will arrive before Christmas. I always complete and ship your orders ASAP but due to the high volume of custom orders and upcoming shipping deadlines, I prefer to err on the side of caution! My deepest apologies!!! (Keep reading if this is not an issue :-)"

Just simply state, customs orders take 3- blah weeks for posting... delivery dependent on postal service...etc.

Other than the words as such....I find that seeing the options of fabric first works for me... when I know exactly what I am buying :)

Good luck!!!
0 Likes

Hi Ali,

I really love your shop and the all around feel to it.
However, I agree with Michelle regarding the wording being a little confused, I think that if you make those changes people are going to know at first glance exactly what you sell.
Wishing you great success,

Lily :)
0 Likes

Hi Ali,

I think your shop shows that there is a lot of love and care put into it, and the details for your items is great. However I didn't know what I was looking at when I first went it, and very curious to know. It took several clicks to find out what these lovely items were. I agree with Michelle about this, the first photo should be what the item actually is.
Good Luck!
Heather
0 Likes

Thanks everyone! I have a veryyyy hard time with wordiness. Thanks for the input. I'll be in incorporating these changes soon. I don't have Internet at my house and it's difficult to do it on my phone so I will be logging some time at a coffee shop :-)

I'm grateful for your input!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I think your shop is beautiful and I love your fabrics. I agree with a previous comment, I would have the finished product as your first photo because I was a little unsure on what you were selling. Beautiful shop!

Megan Cannon
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.