Hoping for Keyword Phrase Advice

I am relatively new to etsy and have been working on photos, titles and tags from what I've learned. However, I am having a hard time with keyword phrases. "Silver Jewelry" has over 1,000,000 items while "silver clay necklace" is too narrow. Any advice on maybe what you would type in if looking for my items could help me come up with good keywords. Also, any advice on my shop would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: Hoping for Keyword Phrase Advice

This has excellent information. And watch the video, it made me revamp all my titles and keywords! http://www.merriweathercouncilblog.com/2015/01/basic-etsy-seo/
0 Likes

Re: Hoping for Keyword Phrase Advice

Suzi, there's no such thing as "too narrow". Searches, like most things done by millions of people in slightly different ways, follow a statistical distribution. Yes, the biggest searches are for a few terms, but there are billions of searches for much more narrow, specific terms all the time, and *most* people are searching for those - it's just that they're all searching for slightly different instances of those. It's like how you can have a political candidate who has more votes than any other single candidate, but they still have way less than half the votes overall. That winning candidate is the big general search terms, and the narrow, specific search terms are all the votes for everyone else. Taken together, they're the majority.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.