Does this Banner Make my Item Titles look Fat?

Always have an open ear for a constructive critique of my work. Especially concerned that I am using the right type of item descriptions and tags to reach my audience. I am a professional artist,and I've been through a few critique wringers so don't be shy. Tell me how you really feel.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Does this Banner Make my Item Titles look Fat?

Hi Maryann,
Your descriptions are very evocative- just lovely. They inspire someone to imagine themselves choosing to wear these and match them with an outfit. Brilliant!
I'd say the only thing I would change is the item titles? It must be useful to you to have an item code but could that be in the description? Your most important words should be at the beginning of your title for good SEO. So think of the words someone would type into a search that would end up buying your item...... jewellery, earrings, handmade custom.... dangly ? Those are off the top of my head but something like that?
Hope that's helpful and good luck :)
Emma
0 Likes

...By the way I love the title of this discussion! x
0 Likes

Thanks for your excellent observation about the item number. Much appreciate the kind words a well. But, if I may ask. How can my title be evocative and good on SEO as well?- Don't Search engines pick up on the words in my other descriptions or have a got that mixed up?
0 Likes

Love the look of your site... Pictures are very good, and prices seem reasonable.
Earrings - CB124 Large Plum Red Synthetic Pearl with a Swarovski Crystal and Natural Jade Bead with Silver Seed Bead Spacers

With my little bit of knowledge of SEO - I'd suggest maybe moving your CB124 code to the end of your description and save the beginning for phrases someone may actually search on. Also add comma's into the titles and break them down into smaller chunks that someone may search on? Match those same phrases by placing them in the tags...

Hope it helps - best of luck with your new site.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I really love your products! The earrings are so pretty and feminine. I feel like your prices are very reasonable, and you have great photos. My biggest suggestion would be to work on making titles better for searching, and to search similar products to find out what tags others are using.

Best of luck with your shop!

Jenn
0 Likes

I think you need to hit the key words that customers would search for in both your item titles, first words of the description and the tags too to really do well with them. It is quite hard to make it sound exciting to a shopper and hit the key words for SEO. Maybe search a keyword for your products, look at the top results and see what other people have done for some ideas?
0 Likes

Hey nice shop! I echo the comments about your item titles, get the hot, distinctive words at the front of the title. Also I was a little confused by the color balancing. Many subtle different hues with the manikin head which might cause some hesitation from customers about the actual colors they are getting.
0 Likes

Thanks for the great feedback everyone. really appreciate it . Chris - well noted on the photos. Some were taken inside others were taken in natural light. I need to be consistent.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.