Former_Member
Not applicable

Critiques Welcome

Hey everyone, I am new here and taking my time with experimentation and seeing what works and what doesn't. Let me know what you think needs improvement or anything I am doing right.
I do know I need a fully stocked store of at least a page and am working on that, we will be adding a lot of new products before thanksgiving.
Thanks a lot!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Critiques Welcome

Also, I can't seem to find how to make a custom banner..suggestions?
0 Likes

Hi Ali! I like your shop.

If you go to the top of the Etsy search bar and type in "soy candle" all kinds of suggestions pop up for phrases that people typically search for. Several of these would be good options to use in your titles and tags to get found!

I'd also like to see photos of the candles with lids off. That's something people see if they were holding one, that we kind of miss out on with online shopping.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey spacefem, that is a great tip for the photos, I'll definitely get on that. Thank you!
0 Likes

I think your photo set up is good, but your photos at least the label part is a bit dark. See if you can add some light to the photos, if you are outside, taking a white board and placing it so that it reflects light onto your candles so they show up better. I think the set up works!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Ali,

I love what you're doing with your shop photography - the composition of your photos is gorgeous, and has the same elegance as your labels and branding. Nicely done! The Lavender Chamomile is probably my favorite shot - the lighting is great. I like that while consistent, each photo is slightly unique - great to have that little variety to keep the viewer's interest. I would play with that more - maybe put the embellishment on the right of the candle in some shots, or on both sides, to mix things up.

I agree with Teresa that getting more light on the label would be great - it looks like there are custom illustrations on each, which you should definitely play to your advantage. I agree with your point about more listings too - great that you're already working on it. I like your "buy any three" listing - you might consider a "buy any two" listing, as well, even "buy any four", etc.

If you have the ability, you might consider product shots in a home. What if you could show a collection of candles in a model home (e.g. a coffeetable or end table next to a nice couch), or a favorite corner of your own home? Whether burning or not, it could help people to imagine how the candles could look in their own home. I can imagine these as nice statement pieces on bookshelves too, or window sills, bathroom shelves, breakfast tables...

Your listing descriptions are very thorough - well done. A few things here: they seem a bit thick at the top - possible to make your paragraphs a bit shorter? Personally, I would put the product details near the top of the listing. Lastly, you mention that I can request variations to my candle - what does that mean? What options are available?

Best of luck - your items are beautiful!
Charity
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks so much guys! I have updated my photos and think they are much better outside with more light, like you suggested Teresa.
And that is a great idea about showing the products in the home, I will work on that next, as well as try to get my descriptions more concise.
I decided to leave out the variations request message at the bottom, just didn't make sense as people can just request a custom order if they want.
Blessed be to you both!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.