ByTheLock
Inspiration Seeker

Critique needed pleeeeeeeeeease

Hiyur!

I have been holding off requesting a critique as I know I have LOTS of areas I need to improve on, but I thought it would be useful to get some other peoples opinions first so when I come around to those improvements I do it right!

Few points:

- I currently have a mixture of old + new photographs, all of which need improving --- I never seem to get a clear day when I want to take product photos! So know I need to improve those, but ideas for photo set-ups would be helpful

- I get very little 'searched' views, the majority are through my website (bythelock.com), instragram and twitter! So would be useful for tips there

http://bythelock.etsy.com
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Critique needed pleeeeeeeeeease

Hi Chloe,

Your shop is nice! Make sure to use all of the tags you have available and to include the exact words you have in your products title in your tags. For example in your first listing, you have coin purse and zipper pouch as tags, but you don't have coin pouch. Also I think it helps to have the two most searchable words in your product titles first. Your first product title is: Vintage Floral Zipper Coin Pouch. You may want to rearrange that somehow to have Coin Pouch as the first two words since those are the words that someone may type in first when searching. Since this item would make a nice gift, and you have pretty gift wrapping, include a tag that would describe it as a gift Do the wristlets attach to the purse as well? I know tiny wristlet purses are pretty popular. More shop items might help, try for 25 items to start. Also since you are mainly making purses, I would change your shop's description to say something like coin pouches and or key chain wristlets instead of "stuff". I hope this helps a little. Good luck!
0 Likes
ByTheLock
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Rose. Thank you!!

I'll give you tag and description thing a go, I definitely haven't got my head around how they work yet!

The wristlets don't attach to my pouches yet; but they will really soon; so I'll mention that when they do and do a few with matching wristlets also.

More shop items will be coming really soon, I've sold a few items recently so its looking a little bare I think!
0 Likes

Hi Chloe,
Your products are nice! I think better pictures can definitely help your shop. If the photos have more contrast of lighting, I think your products will stand out more. It seems like the light source is really low, creating big shadows and not hitting the objects as much. Also, play with the backgrounds too. Instead of fabric (products) on a fabric background, try different textures. ex wood table, shiny surface, craft papers, etc.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.